Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for a second opinion on a Nazi building banner

Article about: Hi all, Spotted this on eBay and got a few more photos from the seller. He says it was purchased in Austria "for a friend" at an antique fair, at that time it had a wooden rod on t

Default Looking for a second opinion on a Nazi building banner

Hi all,

Spotted this on eBay and got a few more photos from the seller. He says it was purchased in Austria "for a friend" at an antique fair, at that time it had a wooden rod on the lower which he removed and didn't bring home because of a lack of space. Measures 16'x6.5'. I'm inclined to think it's a fake because of the stitching around the circle, looks too modern when compared to other banners in my collection. I also don't like the look of the fabric, or the printing. However, I know tens of thousands of banners were made in many different factories and I'm no expert in German flags by any means. I know many of you are so I figured I'd post some pics and hopefully confirm my assumptions, or at least learn a thing or two. Thanks in advance, you guys are the best.

Looking for a second opinion on a Nazi building bannerLooking for a second opinion on a Nazi building bannerLooking for a second opinion on a Nazi building bannerLooking for a second opinion on a Nazi building banner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for a second opinion on a Nazi building banner
    P
    Many

I should have added, his asking price is $700. Does that seem out of line if it were original? I know the bigger banners are tricky since they're not easily displayed. Thanks again!

-Sam

?

Hello and welcome to the Forum, $700 is way to steep for this type of flag as you mentioned, where could you display it ? As for authenticity please wait for other comments, G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hi Gwar,

Thank you and thanks for the reply.

Agreed on the price. I have paid more for a large banner before, but it was a bring back with well documented provenance and of very nice quality.

Way to steep for me; even if considered original.
    John

Think I paid AU$250 way, way late '90's back but mine's GI signed.

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Hello and welcome to the Forum, $700 is way to steep for this type of flag as you mentioned, where could you display it ? As for authenticity please wait for other comments, G
    Pool table or couch works well.

I see no problem with the originality or quality of the piece. It looks good.

The price on the other hand - imo - $3-350 tops.

I collect only the big ones and I would pay $350, if it WEREN'T a printed swastika, rather a multi-piece stitched one.

Believe it or not, I loaned one of these to a theatre group for their performance of Sound of Music. They kept it for a while and patterned two copies for use in the production. At that time, I valued it at $400 for insurance purposes. It was returned unharmed but they wanted it covered in case something happened. NH