Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Flight Section Fahnenträger-Ärmelschild

Article about: A recent addition, a lovely Luftwaffe Flight Section Fahnenträger-Ärmelschild in superb condition.... They are a miniature work of art I think... Best wishes Bob

Default Luftwaffe Flight Section Fahnenträger-Ärmelschild

A recent addition, a lovely Luftwaffe Flight Section Fahnenträger-Ärmelschild in superb condition....

They are a miniature work of art I think...

Best wishes

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Flight Section Fahnenträger-Ärmelschild   Luftwaffe Flight Section Fahnenträger-Ärmelschild  

Luftwaffe Flight Section Fahnenträger-Ärmelschild   Luftwaffe Flight Section Fahnenträger-Ärmelschild  

Luftwaffe Flight Section Fahnenträger-Ärmelschild   Luftwaffe Flight Section Fahnenträger-Ärmelschild  

Luftwaffe Flight Section Fahnenträger-Ärmelschild  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flight Section Fahnenträger-Ärmelschild
    P
    Many

Incredible amount of work involved in producing that. I would think trying to reproduce it in anywhere near the quality would be a challenge.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Incredible amount of work involved in producing that. I would think trying to reproduce it in anywhere near the quality would be a challenge.
    Anderson sadly these have been reproduced over the years.. and of high quality to I am afraid!
    Not saying Bob's is a reproduction.. I think I saw a thread on the other forum..
    This one came out of Bill Sheas collection and a fine piece Bob.

I see them now and then in Germany..
    Mostly being sold as sammleranfertigung.
    Couple of repros... some crude others well made.

And another repro...

Full marks for trying I guess. But Bob's example looks a cut above.

Thanks for posting the additional images of Lt. Colonel Ullergaard. Yes my example is ex-Bill Shea collection, and I am gobsmacked by the detail that has gone into the badge,
    considering it is nothing more than a humble cloth sleeve patch, but a real work of art.

I have seen a few of the repros and while they look good, they don't quite reach the detail of the originals, although sadly people still get taken by the fakes. In my several years
    of collecting, I have only ever seen a small handful of examples that I thought were original. I think Weitze has a good Flak example at present, and if you are feeling flush with
    cash, Nathan and Paul Hogle (Lakeside Trader) have a HG Division example for sale at around US $5,000.00 or so.

Best wishes

Bob

Side by side...there is no comparison. The quality of stitching & materials used are a "large cut above" the repros. I love the little tassels up top flying in the breeze
    D.

?

A beautifully detailed patch. Congrats on that find.
    First time seeing one and decide to do a translate on that. It is a flag bearers sleeve shield.
    I am finding the patch for sale not attached to a uniform.
    Are there any period pic's of that being worn?

Semper Fi
    Phil

A very nice addition to your Luftwaffe collection Bob!
    Still hoping that someday I might be able to add a Panzer flag bearer's patch to my collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

TWS
    ?

Gorgeous patch Bob! Thanks for sharing. And thanks for the lesson on the repops guys.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast