Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Staff Car Fender Pennant

Article about: I am primarily a helmet collector, but do have a few miscellaneous pieces in the collection. I recently was given this piece. We have had a tremendous amount of snow here in the North East t

Default Luftwaffe Staff Car Fender Pennant

I am primarily a helmet collector, but do have a few miscellaneous pieces in the collection. I recently was given this piece. We have had a tremendous amount of snow here in the North East this winter, but it wasn't all bad for me. I have lived in my current home for 25 years, and I have always shoveled/blew the snow off of the sidewalks and the mouths of the driveways of the neighbors to the right and left ever since I have been here. About 15 years ago Mrs. S., who lives to the left, didn't wait until I got to her driveway, tried to drive through a very high snow drift and got stuck. It took me about an hour to dig her SUV out. That night she came over to the house and gave me this Luftwaffe Fender Pennant. I told her it wasn't necessary, and that these were fairly valuable, but she insisted. I was, of course, thrilled. An hour later Dr. S. called me, hyperventilating, and told me the his wife did not have the right to give the pennant away - his Uncle brought it back from Europe and gave it to him when he was a child. Of course, I returned it immediately. Fast forward 15 years, during which time I continued my snow removal services. A few weeks ago we had a series of "Heart Attack" snow falls, wet snow that my blower couldn't handle. I love shoveling so I did the neighbors' walks and drives anyway - by hand. (My back is still sore!) The last storm was the worst, and it took me hours. Just as I finished Dr. S. came out, and presented me with the pennant. Dr. S. comes from a long line of warriors. His Father and Uncle were front line combat soldiers in Europe, Dr. S. was himself a field surgeon with the 101rst A/B in Viet Nam from '67- '68, and his son is a Seal and has had multiple deployments in Afghanistan and Iraq. I protested at first, but he assured me that his son was okay with the gift, and he said that he wanted it to be with someone who appreciates the historical significance of the piece. Unfortunately, his Uncle passed away when Dr. S. was young, and he never learned where the pennant was captured nor under what circumstances. I am honored to have it, and wanted to share it with the group. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Staff Car Fender Pennant   Luftwaffe Staff Car Fender Pennant  

Luftwaffe Staff Car Fender Pennant   Luftwaffe Staff Car Fender Pennant  

Last edited by helmet2id; 03-15-2015 at 07:43 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Staff Car Fender Pennant
    P
    Many

From your images, it appears to be a fine original piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

1st class in great condition,lucky man.

?

You are a good neighbor!

?

Not only that you are a good neighbor...you also have nice ones :-)

An absolutely fine piece.

harti

?

Thumbs up

looks great

Very nice vehicle pennant Jim, for unassigned Luftwaffe officers, and great reading your story too.

Here is my example as a comparison....

Best wishes

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Staff Car Fender Pennant   Luftwaffe Staff Car Fender Pennant  

Luftwaffe Staff Car Fender Pennant  

?

Nice story and great pennant.

Hummel