Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NSDAP Car Pennant

Article about: Hello, Collector Comrades! Today I'd like to show you an NSDAP Pennant that I have had in my Collection for many years. Originally, a cord was attached to the upper and lower End, with which

Default NSDAP Car Pennant

Hello, Collector Comrades!

Today I'd like to show you an NSDAP Pennant that I have had in my Collection for many years. Originally, a cord was attached to the upper and lower End, with which the Pennant could be attached to a Pole. These cords were cut off at some point (not by me) and the Pennant sewn to the Pole mounting eyes with plain black sewing thread. The Rod is made of Aluminum and the tip is probably made of fine zinc. A piece of the screw thread is still visible at the lower End of the Rod, but the Rod was sawn off once with a Saw at the height of this screw thread. The Pennant is a typical multipart piece that was used, among other things, by the Political Leaders of the NSDAP for the service vehicles. It is made of thick red linen fabric with a twisted white cello cord sewn to the edges on the two long sides. The white disc is made of silk rep, as is the swastika. Both were sewn separately onto the red cloth. - I am happy about every Opinion about this piece!

Regards,

The Sammler
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Car Pennant   NSDAP Car Pennant  

NSDAP Car Pennant   NSDAP Car Pennant  

NSDAP Car Pennant  
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-13-2023 at 07:01 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Car Pennant
    P
    Many

1 looker original!

Souvenir hunters had little time or tools to take apart auto standards and you know many were cut 1 side from the other to share with a fellow souvenir hunter. no surprise that the staff mount was cut. I've seen a few standart poles cut just below the battalion ring and above the poles filets.

looks good to me but i am no expert on these, I GOT A DDAC car pennant here complete with pole and pole top

NSDAP Car Pennant

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    1 looker original!

Souvenir hunters had little time or tools to take apart auto standards and you know many were cut 1 side from the other to share with a fellow souvenir hunter. no surprise that the staff mount was cut. I've seen a few standart poles cut just below the battalion ring and above the poles filets.
    Yes, that's what I thought too when I saw the cut screw thread. It also speaks for it, because it was sawn off very close to the beginning of the screw thread, i.e. where the rod was attached to the vehicle. Maybe it was just too tight to unscrew, which is why a souvenir hunter sawed it off!

Quote by Agitatorn View Post
    looks good to me but i am no expert on these, I GOT A DDAC car pennant here complete with pole and pole top

NSDAP Car Pennant
    I have no doubts about the authenticity of the piece. Everything is as it should be. It is unusual, however - in a positive sense - that the disc and the swastika are made of silk rep. So far I have only seen pieces where the disc was made of linen and the swastika was either woven in or made of linen fabric and sewn on separately. So I suspect it could be a piece of a higher level Political Leader, possibly Gau or Reichslevel. In addition, of course, one cannot say with certainty whether pennant and pole originally belonged together. - Nice D.D.A.C. Pennant!

Default Close ups of the NSDAP Vehicle Pennant

I got some more Pics (Close ups) for Reference.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Car Pennant   NSDAP Car Pennant  

White piped, Kreislieter administrator level?

Sammler, you have there one good looking pennant

Yes. As far as I know, this kind piped pennants was for lower level political leaders.
    -TJ-

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Kreisleiter always had square pennants with the service status insignia on one side and the swastika flag on the other side. The color of the piping doesn't matter in this case, it was always white.

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    Sammler, you have there one good looking pennant

Yes. As far as I know, this kind piped pennants was for lower level political leaders.
    Thank you Finngaill! It doesn't have to have been Kreis Level because the color of the piping doesn't mean anything on this pennant. However, it must have been a middle-level political leader because the very high ranks always had square pennants and the lowest ranks had none at all because they had no service vehicles. Eligible: Reichs Level Hauptdienstleiter (1936-39), Hauptamtsleiter (1936-39) and Amtsleiter (1936-39), Hauptstellenleiter (1939-45), Gau Level Stellvertretender Gauleiter (1936-39), Hauptamtsleiter (1936-39) and Amtsleiter (1936-45), Kreis Level Hauptamtsleiter and Amtsleiter (1936-45). At Ortsgruppe Level only the Ortsgruppenleiter had the right to carry a (square) pennant or owned a service vehicle.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast