Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Flag - Thoughts?

Article about: Hello all, I'm currently looking for a flag and I've come across this one. It appears to be quite clean for its age but I'm not too sure if it's genuine! From what I've heard/read on forums

?

Default NSDAP Flag - Thoughts?

Hello all, I'm currently looking for a flag and I've come across this one. It appears to be quite clean for its age but I'm not too sure if it's genuine! From what I've heard/read on forums is that these flags were unregulated (?) and no two flags appear to be the same (size, stitching, swastika construction etc.). I personally think this might be an original, but the swastika and roundel just seem too new/clean for me and are putting me off. Shouldn't the swastika be sewn on separately to the roundel? Anyway, just thought I'd see what everyone thinks and hopefully educate myself in the process - just don't want to be stung on something for £170!! The flag's dimension are 41x31 inches. Many Thanks, skip01.

NSDAP Flag - Thoughts?NSDAP Flag - Thoughts?NSDAP Flag - Thoughts?NSDAP Flag - Thoughts?NSDAP Flag - Thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Flag - Thoughts?
    P
    Many

You can find original flags in the three piece construction you mention, where the red flag has a sewn on white roundel with a separate sewn on swastika. You'll also find those like the one you show with a sewn on roundel that has a printed on black swastika. Finally, some flags like a Gosch flag are often seen as all printed on a wool material, like with battle flags. So, don't let this construction type throw you off, as it's not unusual at all.

The pictures here are so over saturated to bring out the colors, it's hard to see the fine details in some of the photos. That said, my beginner opinion is cautious on this one. The zigzag stitching on the roundel isn't typical in my experience, as I usually see them in a more linear pattern. I'd advise you to wait for the experienced folks like Bob Coleman to offer their thoughts on it. The zig zag pattern is seen on armbands, so this may not be a negative at all, but that stands out to me as something I'd ask here about before buying it.

If original, given the size and hanging sleeve, it's probably a podium banner, and would be in very nice shape to boot. 170 pounds is just north of $260, so that may be a little on the high end of pricing IMO.

It does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. And I agree the stitching bothers me also.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

For that price, you can find a flag that does not raise any questions as to questionable construction.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks for the response guys, I appreciate it! The stitching does look a bit suspect now that you mention it. Thanks for the info avenger Looks like I'll have to keep my eyes open for a less questionable piece! Cheers, skip01.

Glad I could finally be of help around here!