Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP and War flag

Article about: Hi all; have the potential to purchase these two flags. I don’t have the dimensions currently, and will have more detailed photos in several days. The war flag is good IMO; looking forward t

Default NSDAP and War flag

Hi all; have the potential to purchase these two flags. I don’t have the dimensions currently, and will have more detailed photos in several days.

The war flag is good IMO; looking forward to a better look at the markings.
    The NSDAP flag concerns yet intrigues me- does anyone have info on “Ortsgruppe Golzwarden”? My search has returned little. Is it possible to discern from these photos its authenticity?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP and War flag   NSDAP and War flag  

NSDAP and War flag   NSDAP and War flag  

Last edited by MilitariaMatt; 12-22-2018 at 01:09 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP and War flag
    P
    Many

Hello I actually like both of them. They are of very nice quality and show age with the faded stamp on the kriegsflagge. The nsdap flag looks legit as well to me. There were, as I m sure one can imagine many groups and subgroups of the party, so finding one attributed to lesser know faction or region doesn't seem irregular to me. Also finding current information about that particular group now would be difficult to research as I would think most Germanic people today disassociate themselves with the WW2 era. But I do like the construction of the box and lettering, that particular style of material and font was widely used on prewar uniform ecoutremonts, shoulderboards and the like. JMO. Kindest Regards.

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Hello I actually like both of them. They are of very nice quality and show age with the faded stamp on the kriegsflagge. The nsdap flag looks legit as well to me. There were, as I m sure one can imagine many groups and subgroups of the party, so finding one attributed to lesser know faction or region doesn't seem irregular to me. Also finding current information about that particular group now would be difficult to research as I would think most Germanic people today disassociate themselves with the WW2 era. But I do like the construction of the box and lettering, that particular style of material and font was widely used on prewar uniform ecoutremonts, shoulderboards and the like. JMO. Kindest Regards.

Brian
    Thanks Brian! Looking forward to a more hands on experience and will update here when I can. The leader flag is quite specific to be faked, but then again not much surprises these days regarding the fakes created to deceive. Will post more pics here as I get them. Thank you!

I agree it's very specific to be faked. It's of such good quality though, I don't think it could be faked to that degree, but I agree it's good to be cautious. Just for comparison here's an example of a DAF marked flag (from Wittman militaria) of similar construction. Look forward to seeing more images. Best regards.

Brian

NSDAP and War flagNSDAP and War flag

Wittmann Militaria #30677 DAF Standarte from Braunau, Hitler's Austrian Birthplace

Had a chance to hold said flags in hand today and happy to confirm the originality! Detail photos below. I've got my fingers (and toes) crossed they go cheap at auction New Year's day haha
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP and War flag   NSDAP and War flag  

NSDAP and War flag  

Well... looks like I got at least one Paid a little more than I wanted, but it’s cerrtainly a beautiful display piece you don’t see too often.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP and War flag  

It looks great in the war room! It may of been more than you wished to spend but I think it was the better investment. A lovely period item with historical value! Kindest regards.

Brian

RMD
    ?

Beautiful flags! I don't know enough about flags in general to say if they are authentic or not. In my opinion, they look not only real, but amazingly well preserved! Awesome find. I hope to one day soon find me a nice NSDAP party flag.

Thanks' for posting these amazing photos.

RMD
    ?

MilitariaMatt... Damn, that is a sweet collection of items! Thanks' for posting the photo.

Smile

Hi all! Back with a question! Everyone I’ve shared my Orts flag with (including the great Tom Wittmann) is surprised by the green patch; he’s never seen one like it.

I know the colours typically denote branch or organization, Black is NSBO etc. But I ask of you; what would green be? Bauernschaft maybe? Golzwarden is a small town between Hamburg and the Dutch border.

Any flag experts, all comments are appreciated, thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP and War flag  
    Last edited by MilitariaMatt; 05-18-2019 at 12:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast