Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a parade flag?

Article about: Researched and found member clagang20 recently posted a vehicle flag. Curious about this one. Could mine be a parade flag? It is two sided and measures approximately 7"x9". Look cl

Default Is this a parade flag?

Researched and found member clagang20 recently posted a vehicle flag. Curious about this one. Could mine be a parade flag? It is two sided and measures approximately 7"x9". Look closely and maybe the hand written number is a price of 30 pfennig?? Hope to post 2 more flags later this week. They are in the mail along with this one. All comments and observations are always welcomed and appreciated. Thank You, Von Ritt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a parade flag?   Is this a parade flag?  

Is this a parade flag?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a parade flag?
    P
    Many

Would a civilian made flag adhere to the regulations of authorized government made flags? The reason I ask, is because the white disk is off-centered a bit.

Good Morning Gents, don't all talk at once. Is this ragtag flag not worthy of comment?

Patience, friend. Others will comment sooner or later.

Flags like this didn't have a specific purpose. Flown from a stick at parades, hung up in a window, and so on. They were a patriotic item that could be used by the purchaser in whichever manner they so desired. If it was homemade, it wouldn't need to conform to manufacturing regulations. That was generally meant for flags and banners produced in factories, that were used in an official capacity at parades, rallies, etc.

If I'm wrong, I hope somebody who knows their flags better than I do can correct me.

Regards, B.B.

A couple of close up photos would help. Looking at weave of fabric and stitching. But from what I can see, it looks constant with wartime production. Quite small so parade use makes sense, perhaps attached to a stick. Equally, these can be faked, and so can be difficult to be certain. The off centering could be to allow space to wrap one edge around of stick or pole, to which it could be tacked.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    A couple of close up photos would help. Looking at weave of fabric and stitching. But from what I can see, it looks constant with wartime production. Quite small so parade use makes sense, perhaps attached to a stick. Equally, these can be faked, and so can be difficult to be certain. The off centering could be to allow space to wrap one edge around of stick or pole, to which it could be tacked.
    3 flags in the mail. I will certainly post additional pics. Thank you for your response.

Your observation is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to receiving this and 2 other flags.

Received the 3 flags today. Here are some closeups of the tiny one. Curious about the hand written letters and numbers. Thank you for looking.

Is this a parade flag?Is this a parade flag?Is this a parade flag?Is this a parade flag?Is this a parade flag?Is this a parade flag?Is this a parade flag?Is this a parade flag?