Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please help with 20 foot banner! Very hard to lay out for photos.

Article about: Close to 20 feet anyway? Ink stamp? Thanks for help?!?

Default Please help with 20 foot banner! Very hard to lay out for photos.

Please help with 20 foot banner! Very hard to lay out for photos.Please help with 20 foot banner! Very hard to lay out for photos.Please help with 20 foot banner! Very hard to lay out for photos.Please help with 20 foot banner! Very hard to lay out for photos.Please help with 20 foot banner! Very hard to lay out for photos.
    Close to 20 feet anyway? Ink stamp?
    Thanks for help?!?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help with 20 foot banner! Very hard to lay out for photos.
    P
    Many

The guy who gave it to me says 16.5 feet by 52”?
    Seems longer but I need help measuring and room

Standard NSDAP vertical banner that hung from larger buildings (Apartment buildings, Government Offices, Larger Street poles etc).

Normally the swastika will be off centered on these larger banners in order to be seen, meaning they would be positioned higher on the red material, so when measuring the banner, it will be closer to the top/middle portion. Look at period photos and you will see what I mean.

Ink stamp is fine, cannot make out the verbiage. Try to get a straight on shot of the stamp in order to see it better.

Just a word of caution on some ink stamps as they can be applied post-war to increase a sale price, however this is period authentic (Pre-May 1945)

Would not have an issue adding this banner to my collection. The larger flags/banners are rather cumbersome and difficult to display but again this is a very nice period example.

Smitty

Thanks sir

?

I believe the stamp reads 'Nationalsoz. Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, Kreisleitung' and then a town/city, something 'berg'.

Yes official NSDAP piece and I showed pics to Bill Shea he thought Mollenberg?

?

Quote by Garandy View Post
    Yes official NSDAP piece and I showed pics to Bill Shea he thought Mollenberg?
    Hard to say. My eyes see something like 'Malesberg', but a google search doesn't show up any such place of note.

There is a Mollenberg (sic)