Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Podium Banner?

Article about: Hi there I found this when having a clear out at my Nans House. I do believe it to be a Podium Banner? I'd say it is fairly big and could get exact measurements, But I cannot be too sure wha

Default Podium Banner?

Hi there

I found this when having a clear out at my Nans House.

I do believe it to be a Podium Banner? I'd say it is fairly big and could get exact measurements, But I cannot be too sure what it is unless anyone on here can confirm.

I have attached a collection of images, some as proof of authenticity.

Any ideas on what it is worth?

Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Podium Banner?   Podium Banner?  

Podium Banner?   Podium Banner?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Podium Banner?
    P
    Many

I love these old podium banners. I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure it looks good to me. While this forum is focused on collecting these items and their historical significance, and thus it is not an appraisal service, I've typically seen similar banners go for $200 - $250 on the collector to collector market presently.

So not overly valuable at the moment then? I will just keep it in dry storage.

My Dad told me, his Father was offered £500 for it in the mid 80's...I would have thought it would be worth more by now.

I am just one opinion, so you might wait for others. But, unless there's something unique about it that sets it apart from other similar tasseled podium banners, that's what I've seen them go for. But, it's value is more what you and your family feel about it if it was something brought back by a relative. In that case, it's priceless.

I know there are many of these out there, but being new to this, I haven't seen one this shape or size at present. Cheers for your input thus far

£500 30 Years ago? Lordy, he should have Leaped at it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Maybe someone was generous or desperate for some Memorabilia?

very nice banner.

Thanking you

Great item! The period photo makes it for me.

The price he was offered was really high for the time! I would say about £250 to £300 now max.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: Welcome to the forum!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast