Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Political Podium Banner

Article about: Guys, I have never owned a banner / flag. I am an SS Collector / Diplomatic collector. I have been sent some pictures of a podium banner (political I think) from Europe which may go with my

Default Third Reich Political Podium Banner

Guys, I have never owned a banner / flag.
    I am an SS Collector / Diplomatic collector.

I have been sent some pictures of a podium banner which will go very nicely with my Diplo collection.

The banner from what I can see is exceptional quality with an incredibly detailed weave on the eagle.
    I like what I see but would really appreciate a second opinion.

I would appreciate any views on the item.

Thank you!

Political Podium BannerPolitical Podium BannerPolitical Podium BannerPolitical Podium Banner
    Last edited by Charlie Farley; 08-18-2019 at 11:23 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Political Podium Banner
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Not an area I know much about. All I would like to add is that for my fringed NSDAP flag, the silver bullion thread does not have to loops on the end. They are frayed. I will need to pull it out and check again to see if it is from wear or by design.

Don't think I've ever seen an eagle like this either.

Hopefully others can opine as well
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Not an area I know much about. All I would like to add is that for my fringed NSDAP flag, the silver bullion thread does not have to loops on the end. They are frayed. I will need to pull it out and check again to see if it is from wear or by design.

Don't think I've ever seen an eagle like this either.

Hopefully others can opine as well
    Thanks a lot for the feedback it's much appreciated.
    I have absolutely NIL experience in flags, banners or anything that flutters....
    Any information whatsoever is greatly appreciated.

More so than flags, podium banners from the TR have a great deal of variety in fringes, borders, and the actual design on the front, so I would not be concerned about not having seen this particular design before. Moreover, the superb quality of detail to the eagle and the border design make me confident that it is not a fake. Fake WWII flags in general are typically poorly made and have obvious differences from originals in aspects like stitching, material, markings and so on. I have never seen anything close to the quality and intricacy of this banner on a fake, which for me is the surest sign that it is an original.

MAP
    ?

I don't study flags, especially ones like these. It does not look like any official flag I've seen. I would be extremely careful. Extremely!

BTW...just as an fyi...I checked and my NSDAP Orts banner does have the loops on the end of the fringe. That however does not prove anything one way or the other.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)