Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Is it real?

Article about: Recently purchased this flag from a guy in California, any thoughts on its authenticity?

Default Is it real?

Recently purchased this flag from a guy in California, any thoughts on its authenticity?Is it real?Is it real?Is it real?Is it real?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is it real?
    P
    Many

I believe it to be real. It’s not a flag but a banner, maybe to be hung from a window on a pole. It almost looks homemade and that’s not a bad thing but the construction doesn’t lean in that direction. Wait for others.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I'm no expert on these, but if genuine it would be a very early one.

Thanks Marty, I was hoping I didn’t get burned on this purchase, I appreciate the input

- - ------- - -

It’s definitely old and faded, that’s for sure!

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    I believe it to be real. It’s not a flag but a banner, maybe to be hung from a window on a pole. It almost looks homemade and that’s not a bad thing but the construction doesn’t lean in that direction. Wait for others.

Marty
    Yes, machine stitching but an odd shaped roundel which is quite small as well. The roundel has similar proportions to the (smaller overall) homemade version I have.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The roundel was the first thing I noticed looking at the banner, the swastika is off center. I felt comfortable purchasing it due to it’s obvious age. I’ll take some measurements in the morning, forgot to add that, I apologize.

I vote for home made as well - no factory would chop off the end of the arms of the hakenkreuz like that!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Very different construction and size but here is a home made flag with a small roundel as well as a period photo of one as well. Your roundel is of course printed.

Home made NSDAP Flag
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The banner measures about 3’x2’2”...or 66x91 cm