Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real SS banner?

Article about: Hi guys. Came across this SS rostrum banner currently for sale by ulric. I always thought they were one of the best dealers but I have heard they’ve sold a lot of bad stuff. So I was just

Default Real SS banner?

Hi guys. Came across this SS rostrum banner currently for sale by ulric. I always thought they were one of the best dealers but I have heard they’ve sold a lot of bad stuff. So I was just curious if anyone who really knows their SS flags could chime in and tell me what they think is it real or fake? Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real SS banner?   Real SS banner?  

Real SS banner?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real SS banner?
    P
    Many

Very easy item to reproduce. An original I would expect a RZM label authorizing the manufacturer. Without it, I would move on.

Did they have RZM tags? Didn’t the SS take over manufacturing for themselves, and therefore didn’t have to fall under RZM? Genuinely curious because I’ve actually only seen one SS flag that’s on the collectors Guild and it doesn’t have any rzm tag on it.

Tags , stampings, dipped in tea , left out in the sun to fade...rust on grommets or anything else for that matter....and stories that it was taken off a dead German or grampas bring back he picked it up in trade at a prison camp ....none of it is relevant until provenance can be proven.....RZM stampings are a favorite of fakers as we see those RZM stampings on Hitlers Berghof Trash bags and the leaves on his front lawn.

The problem is the flag and another example of the same type needs to be seen whether from a collection or a period photograph.
    Cloth is readily available today and a good seamstress can make the impossible almost possible ...a studied eye that collects these SS flags would know the difference but unfortunately there isnt enough supporting evidence on the flag itself and until further collectors can decide the fate of this flag.

For now this flag is just a piece of cloth.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hey man, thanks for the reply in. I know the provenance is literally the best thing anyone could have regarding these items. But would you be skeptical even buying from a dealer such as Ulrich of England? I know they’ve written some of the best books on SS militaria and have that reputation. And I thought you could always buy with confidence from them until I saw on this site as well as WAF that they have sold a lot of questionable items which in fact, makes me skeptical lol

I suppose I’ll just forget about it since theyre so often faked. It would be nice though to have such an item in my collection. Would definitely be the main centerpiece lol.

I would not buy it but isn't it supposed to be a vehicle ID flag since it has 4 grommets? Is a banner the same as a flag? Not being critical in any way. Trying to learn something today. Did the SS use vehicle ID flags?
    John

?

I can't believe the SS used a specific rune aerial identification banner or flag. Here's a thread from just over a year ago with a similar but better looking banner. I'm still not believing it to be an original though.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...MvqioLI8DQZ2XN

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Well, on the listing, it says rostrum flag? Whatever that means and it’s kind of big I think like 9 feet long so I thought maybe a podium or something or behind a podium on some stand? But I honestly don’t know lol.

Quote by Stickandmovez28 View Post
    I suppose I’ll just forget about it since theyre so often faked.
    I would agree to just wait before forgetting...but wait for others to chime in.
    If it gets sold before others chime then so be it...it wasnt meant to be for you and you still have the money in your wallet and no doubt in the back of your mind if you did

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast