Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichskrieg flag 1.0x1.7

Article about: Was offered a reichskrieg flag. This one being described as having a Weimar eagle. Anyone ever encounter one similar? The other rk flags I have had and others I have seen do not bear this We

Default Reichskrieg flag 1.0x1.7

Was offered a reichskrieg flag. This one being described as having a Weimar eagle. Anyone ever encounter one similar? The other rk flags I have had and others I have seen do not bear this Weimar eagle, is this known as an acceptable marking?. Any help would be appreciated. I will try to get seller to send more photos tomorrow
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichskrieg flag 1.0x1.7   Reichskrieg flag 1.0x1.7  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichskrieg flag 1.0x1.7
    P
    Many

Maybe an early flag. The Weimar eagle was used for a relatively long time, e.g. on enamel signs on official buildings and border crossing points. It is conceivable that there was simply no stamp with the TR eagle. However, it would be strange if the RKF showed the second form, which unfortunately cannot be seen in the two photos.

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    Maybe an early flag. The Weimar eagle was used for a relatively long time, e.g. on enamel signs on official buildings and border crossing points. It is conceivable that there was simply no stamp with the TR eagle. However, it would be strange if the RKF showed the second form, which unfortunately cannot be seen in the two photos.
    I will try to get more pictures from the seller tomorrow. It's described as an early flag with Weimar eagle. I'm sure the rest looks as the others do. I have been searching for other examples.

What you can see in the photos looks good so far. If it's an early flag, it must be the first form (1935-38).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichskrieg flag 1.0x1.7  

This is the second form (1938-45), for comparison:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichskrieg flag 1.0x1.7  

Thank you. I was reading up on this on another website. I will still get more pictures and update here ..I appreciate your help very much

?

Yes it's an early Reichs flag before change to kriegsmarine. Used the Weimar eagle M from 35 to 36 I believe. This is also a correct size marking. The markings corner, reinforced stiching look correct to me. I believe this size was commonly used on 500 to 1500 tons, DE-Torpedo Boat 900 tons

Sammler's photos show slight differences between the two flags. Nice.

Looks like a nice original to me. I would like better photo of entire flag.

Tim

Hello gentlemen,

Good Marine ReichskriegsFlagge 1,0 x 1,7 . This Flag is for Torpedo boat. In german : Zerstörer. In French : Torpilleur.

Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

Still waiting for more photos from the seller.

Here's one photo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast