Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Table or Wall Pennant

Article about: Hi friends, I'm looking at this SA pennant with fringe that seems something like a wall decoration or table pennant, possibly even a small podium banner. The flag part itself is about 10.5&q

Default SA Table or Wall Pennant

Hi friends, I'm looking at this SA pennant with fringe that seems something like a wall decoration or table pennant, possibly even a small podium banner. The flag part itself is about 10.5" (27cm) with what appears to be gold metallic fringe and an SA Roundel. The black in the roundel almost looks like a BeVo type weave, but I can't quite say, and I'm not sure about the fringe either. I'd like to have it if authentic, it's just that I've never seen another like it in person.

Thoughts?

A million thanks for your opinions, as always.

-DF

SA Table or Wall Pennant
    SA Table or Wall Pennant
    SA Table or Wall Pennant
    SA Table or Wall Pennant

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Table or Wall Pennant
    P
    Many

?

I also like it. The fringe looks identical as on my party NSDAP pennants.

Most likely a table pennant as you mentioned.

I don't remember had I seen this kind table pennant before, but I also like it
    -TJ-

Quote by Vocht View Post
    I also like it. The fringe looks identical as on my party NSDAP pennants.

Most likely a table pennant as you mentioned.
    Quote by Finngaill View Post
    I don't remember had I seen this kind table pennant before, but I also like it
    Thanks, gents, for having a look, but like the SA standarte I posted recently, this one slipped through my fingers and was sold to someone else before I could nab it.

I am glad its gotten some exposure on the forum however, since I don't ever recall seeing another quite like it. Always good for historical purposes to have these things "cataloged" on WRF. I agree that the components look good, though.

Thanks again!

-DF

Looks like a SA table pennant to me, however haven’t seen such a design on a period photo yet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Table or Wall Pennant  

DF,

Is there any way to see how the roundel is sewn/attached to the red material?

This looks like the same size dimensions as a SA Sports shirt insignia...

Will have to look at some references to see if there is a similar table top one..

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    DF,

Is there any way to see how the roundel is sewn/attached to the red material?

This looks like the same size dimensions as a SA Sports shirt insignia...

Will have to look at some references to see if there is a similar table top one..

Smitty
    Hi, Smitty. Unfortunately, the pic below is the best one I've got from the seller before it sold (click to zoom in). I really can't even see any stitching. There's always the possibility this was a made-up item constructed from a SA pennant or sport shirt roundel. It could be glued on, which I think would disqualify it from being original, but the stitching could also be in the black border and difficult to see.

SA Table or Wall Pennant

Thanks DF for the info.

Sorry that you missed it, but perhaps this gives us a chance to search for one in period photos to validate authenticity...

best regards

Smitty