Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ss double sided banner

Article about: Hi All!,looking for opinions on authenticty on a banner/trumpet banner. UV Neg,burns ok. Informed opinions sought. Thanks for looking and taking the time if you post.

Default Ss double sided banner

Hi All!,looking for opinions on authenticty on a banner/trumpet banner. UV Neg,burns ok. Informed opinions sought. Thanks for looking and taking the time if you post.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss  double sided banner   Ss  double sided banner  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss  double sided banner
    P
    Many

Going out on a limb here .... but I say a big IXNAY!!!

The stitching alone is abysmal and the overall build quality ( for what is a ceremonial piece for an elite organisation ) would get you shuffled off to re-education, quick smart!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks for the input. These were produced in the thousands rather than the hundreds and late in the war with acute labour shortages forced labour and inexperienced young and elderly were used to produce such items. As they war progressed the standard of many items deteriorated. I would not expect to see such stitching on a regimental standarte,even late war examples as they were ceremonial pieces for use in parades and special occasions. They got the band rolled out any chance they got so wouldnt expect such a high standard of banner for a relatively mundane bit of kit. Just a counter opinion!

CBH
    ?

I don’t believe many SS trumpets banners where produced in 1945.
    They where more worried about making enough bullets and weapons.
    People often go through mental gymnastics to rationalize why an item they own is (real) despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Thousands of SS totenkopf trumpet banners where not produced, I’d be surprised if it was more then hundred ever made (pre-45). You can believe what you want, but don’t expect to sell it to anyone who knows anything about TR.

I'm afraid I have to agree with the above. By the closing stages of the war in Europe, Germany had shifted to a 'Total War' economy. All resources and non-essential industries were geared towards the production of war materiel, and all else would have fallen by the wayside. Things like trumpet banners are objects you typically associate with the early years of Nazi Germany, rather than the years of its death throes.

Regards, B.B.

MAP
    ?

Well there were some extreme late war last ditch attempts at capturing the former glory and grandeur. Although I do not think these accouterments were officially made or sanctioned

As seen in this period photo...

Ss  double sided banner

All in good fun and not directly related to the discussion above really. Have always just loved this scene and thought it would fit well! LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Again,thanks for comments. Typically, you jump to a number of wrong conclusions. I do not own the item and have no financial interest in wether the item os "right"or not. I am also not "expecting to sell it" to anybody. Not agreeong that "dont like the stitching ""constitutes "overwhelming evidence". With evidence that KC and EKs were being delivered to the front lines nito the dying weeks of the TR being used as example of how the TR wouldnt accept defeat and the absud priorities the high command had when the troops were starving I would expect "anyone who knows anything about the TR "to know more about their history and the way Germany was run under rhe TR. Think your maths is flawed also. Take number of units,multiple by 4/6 for each band multiplied by number of war years...hundreds doesnt cover it for me. Posted item as value is reflected in how much "the community"likes it so your dislike has been noted and I thank you for contributing.

Think we can expand "late war "a bit further than 1945 as labour and material shortages where evident long before that,as was the standard of produced goods declining....not looking to defend it...just wanted reasoned discussion and a definitive conclusion...which I guess is defined by how many people dont like it!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Combatzone View Post
    Think we can expand "late war "a bit further than 1945 as labour and material shortages where evident long before that,as was the standard of produced goods declining....not looking to defend it...just wanted reasoned discussion and a definitive conclusion...which I guess is defined by how many people dont like it!
    I feel much will based on "opinion" and experience absent any hard evidence. Let's keep the discussion going!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not one I would pursue.
    The fringes look like mop rope, not brocade.
    And I agree, the quality of the construction is not what I would expect for a parade item of an elite group.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast