Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sturmfahne St 95

Article about: This is another flag in my collection. It's from SA Gruppe Thüringen. What is interesting about it is the "L" used in one of the tradition Sturm designations, 1/L95. As far as I am

pjm
    ?

Default Sturmfahne St 95

This is another flag in my collection. It's from SA Gruppe Thüringen. What is interesting about it is the "L" used in one of the tradition Sturm designations, 1/L95.

As far as I am aware, this is for Lehrstandarte.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sturmfahne St 95   Sturmfahne St 95  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sturmfahne St 95
    P
    Many

patrick1974
    ?

Default Re: Sturmfahne St 95

Again a beautiful flag

Very nice and pleasing regalia. The system of lineage and honors in the SA needs more elucidation. Does someone have some original documentation to help us with this theme? I imagine that after 1934, as the SS was on the rise, this cult of tradition with unit designations and their memory got greater attention. One of the news reels in You Tube shows the ceremonies for the 9 November 1942, and there are several SA martyrs sites replete with these very flags, all with similar multiple unit designations.

I think the term Leibstandarte was used in other units of the SA, but the SA people here knows best.

pjm
    ?

There is a regulation found in the 1937 Organisationsbuch der NSDAP regarding the tradition unit designations. I'll have to look at it again and quote it here.

I do recall that it indicates the other Sturm numbers should be in silver embroidery on red. This could be a response to the variety of variations one finds with either the full corner patch or embroidery in silver, gold, yellow, etc or a combination.

At first I thought the "L" might indicate Leibstandarte - in this case for the SA Group Thüringen. Perhaps it does. However, I found a document for a man in a Lehrstandarte so that is another possibility.

thanks so much. The Organisationsbuch is a handy source for this kind of thing. I must confess that I have over read the SS portion and paid scant attention to the SA. Wie dumm von mir.

Thanks for the material from your fine and interesting collection.

The L has nothing to do with Leibstandarte or Lehrstandarte wich of course excisted.

In 1933 the Stahlhelm merged into the SA as the SAR I. The Landenverband felt under control of the SA Group (Bereich der Gruppe), and that's the reason. For a short period those old Stahlhelm units wore a L instead of a R.

I think this beautiful flag made till the end of the war, because the last tab is for a active SA Standarte 95. Arround '39-'40, the Reserve-Standarten were abolished.

pjm
    ?

Thanks Laurens for the clarification of the "L"

It makes the flag even more historically interesting.

Sean1970
    ?

Yum Yum

LOVE THESE thanks