Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?

Article about: Any thoughts on this Reichskriegsflagge? It's a small size, approx 95cm x 55cm. No makers mark or stamps in it. The only other one I have is larger, a 100x170 but it's well marked up. Though

Default Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?

Any thoughts on this Reichskriegsflagge? It's a small size, approx 95cm x 55cm. No makers mark or stamps in it.

The only other one I have is larger, a 100x170 but it's well marked up.

Thoughts? Does it look real and if so, what sort of value would you reckon? My concerns are that the cord is thicker than the ones I'm used to, also I would expect a loop at both sides on this size of flag? Also, most of them have makers marks and sizes on the white edge??????
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?   Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?  

Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?   Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?  

Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?
    P
    Many

i attatched a few pix of my RKF for comp///i the only things i have seen that is of concern is the placement of the iron cross is
    further in from the cornr,.& the swastika is smaller in comparison w/t the inner circle,it may be the photography but the material looks darker,/the red i mean//.have u done a burn test or a blacklight test on material??? if not thats what i would do.the open ended rope on the bottom side is ok i have seen that before on RAD flags/pennants etc,but the open ended piece on your flag looks very new,not 70+ years old,.i also noticed that your flag has no re-enforced corners,usually all 4 are,.....but imo if the blacklight test & burn test come back ok,i would give it a chance.its just that there is no markings on it at all.but i have an RADwJ pennant with no markings also which is origional so im pretty sure there were flags without markings.anyway i hope i could be of a little,cheers

si

Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?Thoughts on Reichskriegsflagge?

I also do not like the placement of the iron dross in the corner. It may be a manufacturer's difference. The balance of the flag does look period. Please do not ask for free evaluations as the forum is not a free appraisal service. These are common enough that you should be able to find a comp on a dealer's site.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I think this flag is genuine based on the weave of the cloth and stitching. NH