Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unique Kreisleiter Vehicle Pennant

Article about: Hi, Collector Comrades! A few years ago I was very fortunate to add this fantastic Vehicle Pennant for Kreisleiter of the NSDAP to my collection. It is a last pattern Pennant (from about 194

Thumbs up Unique Kreisleiter Vehicle Pennant

Hi, Collector Comrades!

A few years ago I was very fortunate to add this fantastic Vehicle Pennant for Kreisleiter of the NSDAP to my collection. It is a last pattern Pennant (from about 1942) recognizable by the block letters "KL" (=Kreisleitung), which have replaced the previously used Gothic letters. The pennant is made of sturdy linen fabric and is elaborately hand-embroidered with cello thread and gold-plated metal thread. The suspension shows an RZM marking 3/45. Exactly this piece is illustrated in Jeff Clark's unique textbook "Uniforms of the NSDAP" on page 149. In this beautiful condition an absolute rarity!

Regards

The Sammler
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unique Kreisleiter Vehicle Pennant   Unique Kreisleiter Vehicle Pennant  

Unique Kreisleiter Vehicle Pennant   Unique Kreisleiter Vehicle Pennant  

Unique Kreisleiter Vehicle Pennant   Unique Kreisleiter Vehicle Pennant  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unique Kreisleiter Vehicle Pennant
    P
    Many

Beautiful piece of art!

Thanks to share it with us.
    -TJ-

?

Yes very nice seldom seen. Outstanding and thanks for sharing.

Tim

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    Beautiful piece of art!

Thanks to share it with us.
    That's true TJ, it's a nice Example for German high quality workmanship.

?

Thank you for showing. Absolute quality piece.

Quote by Vocht View Post
    Thank you for showing. Absolute quality piece.
    Yes, that's for sure and I'm really glad to own it. And it perfectly fits between my Kreisleiter Uniform Sets!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unique Kreisleiter Vehicle Pennant  

Very nice Pennant! and fantastic display ! is that the original top to the Pennant to? i was looking in some auction archives and found another type , wonder if a Kreisleiter would have a SA vehicel pennant top, here it is!

Cheers!

Quote by Agitatorn View Post
    Very nice Pennant! and fantastic display ! is that the original top to the Pennant to? i was looking in some auction archives and found another type , wonder if a Kreisleiter would have a SA vehicel pennant top, here it is!

Cheers!

Thanks for this photo my friend! It's interesting for two reasons. First, to answer your question straight away, no, the Pole Top obviously doesn't go with this Pennant. These pennants have had simple pole tops that looked a little like acorns. My eagle pole top actually goes with the pennant that was mounted on the driver's side, which is the swastika pennant (photo from Jeff Clark's book, page 146). I later bought this pole top because I really wanted one. These eagle pole tops for political leaders of the NSDAP are very rare and quite difficult to find. The second reason your photo is interesting is that this pennant is the transitional pattern used only from 1938 to June 1939. Already with the new eagle, albeit in silver, light brown fields with a black border around the outside, just like the 1938 Kreis-Level collar tabs. Very interesting!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unique Kreisleiter Vehicle Pennant   Unique Kreisleiter Vehicle Pennant