Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

UV testing a national party flag, an nsdap pennant, a Reichskriegs flag. Originals or repros?

Article about: Hi guys, and thanks. I've been brave, and I decided to buy a UV light and test my flags. I found a 40 Watt, 120 cm long, Wood neon tube, and I've used it as the main light source keeping it

"I guess you only make that mistake once Smitty".

This was a case of a new collector who had been shadowing and listening to some of the more seasoned collectors discuss methods of testing items with UV lights, burn tests etc. at a militaria show and admittedly he later told me that he wanted to "fit in" and not look foolish asking newbie questions to some of the older collectors so he thought he would impress with his knowledge and he ended up getting burned, literally,,,, destroying a very nice large NSDAP vertical hanging banner.

This person let their ego take control and was afraid to ask some simple questions and he made a very costly mistake. I don't recall seeing him at too many more militaria shows after word got out on what he had attempted to do, embarrassed most likely, but had he asked instead of playing the part thinking he knew what he was doing then I'm sure he would still be collecting today...

Smitty

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement UV testing a national party flag, an nsdap pennant, a Reichskriegs flag. Originals or repros?
    P
    Many

?

Hi Smitty.

I beg your pardon for such a long time to reply.

I will post them in two different posts as requested, thank you very much again (also for the post burn test witnessing!).

Best regards also to you,
    And all the best.

Steve.

Steve,

At your convenience, no worries.

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

?

I also have a penant and a guy told me it was fake, do you guys agree ?

For me it was original until he casted the doubt

UV testing a national party flag, an nsdap pennant, a Reichskriegs flag. Originals or repros?UV testing a national party flag, an nsdap pennant, a Reichskriegs flag. Originals or repros?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2