Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Vet signed Podium Banner picked up today!

Article about: I picked this flag up today,My first flag purchase! Could anybody help me determine which division these guy might have been in?? I did manage to get ahold of one of the vets son,All he coul

Default Vet signed Podium Banner picked up today!

Vet signed Podium Banner picked up today!Vet signed Podium Banner picked up today!I picked this flag up today,My first flag purchase!
    Could anybody help me determine which division these guy might have been in??
    I did manage to get ahold of one of the vets son,All he could tell me was his dad was In the Normandy landings on D Day.
    Its signed by 19 US Vets,One of the signatures is a Oscar G Mayer Jr,which could possibly be related to the Oscar Mayer Food Corporation. Vet signed Podium Banner picked up today!Vet signed Podium Banner picked up today!Vet signed Podium Banner picked up today!Any help would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vet signed Podium Banner picked up today!
    P
    Many

?

Capture flags/banners are really cool. Nice one.

Nice one, similarly signed like mine

Thanks,its really an awesome part of history! they seem to be pretty common I have found.

Signing captured flags as souvenirs was quite a common occurance at the end of the war. In the early years of collecting, they were dismissed as being "damaged goods." In retrospect today, they are very interesting historical records put together by members of a platoon or company. Your podium banner is a very nice example of one of these.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you Bob, I talked to Bill Krause's son who had no idea that this even existed, It was nice to make some connection after all those years! I also acquired a belt that I am going to put up in the right forum if you would like to check it out, Thanks again.