Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone tell me if this WW1 stag horn trench knife is genuine or not. It has no maker mark but supposedly this was common closer to the end of the war. Thanks

Article about: Can anyone tell me if this WW1 stag horn trench knife is genuine or not. It has no maker mark but supposedly this was common closer to the end of the war. Thanks

Default Can anyone tell me if this WW1 stag horn trench knife is genuine or not. It has no maker mark but supposedly this was common closer to the end of the war. Thanks

Can anyone tell me if this WW1 stag horn trench knife is genuine or not. It has no maker mark but supposedly this was common closer to the end of the war. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone tell me if this WW1 stag horn trench knife is genuine or not. It has no maker mark but supposedly this was common closer to the end of the war. Thanks   Can anyone tell me if this WW1 stag horn trench knife is genuine or not. It has no maker mark but supposedly this was common closer to the end of the war. Thanks  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can anyone tell me if this WW1 stag horn trench knife is genuine or not. It has no maker mark but supposedly this was common closer to the end of the war. Thanks
    P
    Many

It is not a trench knife. It may have been used as one, but that was not it's intended purpose.
    These are called "knickers" and were a utility knife, often carried in a pocket of the "lederhosen".
    They are still manufactured today.

This one has an unusual fitment of the ferule to the blade. It also appears that the sheath has been modified.
    Here are some of mine to compare. The third from the top was brought to Canada in 1954 by my father, and was used to skin out my rabbits when they were big enough.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks. Very nice collection.
    Is it common to have no maker's mark?

Quote by Historical18 View Post
    Thanks. Very nice collection.
    Is it common to have no maker's mark?
    Thank you.
    It is not uncommon. Some have been erased with time, and wear.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)