Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn model 1433 huntingknife in bowie stye

Article about: These bowie knives made by Eickhorn in the 1900-1932 are known in the Eickhorn cataloques as the model 1433 ( thx to Gary!) It has the stamped back to back squirl logo. In fact it might be o

?

Default Eickhorn model 1433 huntingknife in bowie stye

These bowie knives made by Eickhorn in the 1900-1932 are known in the Eickhorn cataloques as the model 1433 ( thx to Gary!)
    It has the stamped back to back squirl logo.
    In fact it might be one of the rarest German edged weapons that i have ever laid my hands on.
    The leather is in great condition and even the fasten strap is still there in good working order.
    These knives were made for common use and finding one in such a good shape is a thrill on its own, a few small dings on the cutting edge and a couple of scratches are all that it suffered.
    This knife is large, its about 35 cm, and heavy! its tang is on the ridge about 5mm thick.
    The scabbard style is very familiar to the F.Dula waidbesteck-huntingknives scabbards, remarkable good leather craftmanship.

Well i let the pictures do the talking, enjoy!

Ger
    Eickhorn model 1433 huntingknife in bowie styeEickhorn model 1433 huntingknife in bowie styeEickhorn model 1433 huntingknife in bowie styeEickhorn model 1433 huntingknife in bowie styeEickhorn model 1433 huntingknife in bowie styeEickhorn model 1433 huntingknife in bowie styeEickhorn model 1433 huntingknife in bowie styeEickhorn model 1433 huntingknife in bowie styeEickhorn model 1433 huntingknife in bowie stye
    Last edited by gerrit; 04-09-2018 at 07:29 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn model 1433 huntingknife in bowie stye
    P
    Many

Cor
    ?

Congratulations Ger, a very good find I think. If it goes the opposit way of your doorstep I'd love to hear it.

My understanding was the "back to back" squirrel logo was used up until 1922. By the mid 1920's it was the single left facing squirrel in an oval with CE below. A very rare hunting knife in exceptional condition.

A lovely knife Ger!
    The handles do appear to not be true stag, but what is referred to as "jigged bone".
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Anderson i think this one would be dated rather 1900-1920 then end 1920ths.
    About the logo i cant exactly date the logo as Eickhorn used different ones on different blades during the same time frame, but you might very well be right.

Ralph the difference between stag or bone is hard to tell
    it sure looks as stag looking at the wear and compared to what i have in collection.
    It ages and shows wear the same as stag, it even becomes the appearance in style a bit like candlewax on places where its been used extensively.
    You might be correct but i cant tell the difference in stag or bone as the lines on the gripplates looks natural instead of tooled.

Regards
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 03-18-2018 at 07:45 PM.

A Fine piece of craftmanship as always Eickhorn produced nothing less than Quality always.

One question..... although made prior and during the Third Reich period...was this knife sanctioned to be carried by the Forestry organization or just an item that was also sold by Eickhorn ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry these hunting knives were designed for the (professional) hunters, in fact they were more like tools and therefore its pretty hard to find one in decent condition.
    Most of them have been extensively sharpened and in a lot of cases even loose their factory shape.
    The forestry wore their hunting cutlasses as a dress weapon, and there were never ment for common use in the field.

Regards
    Ger

?

Ger,

That is one neat hunting knife you got there mate

never seen this model before but i am impressed you lucky bugger

Best Mac 66

?

Thank you gents for the nice words, appeciated!

Scott even Gary S. never saw one in the flesh and we all know that when it comes to handling hunting related knives, daggers, forestry cutlasses he is the man to turn to.
    I mailed him the pictures and he came back to me with the Eickhorn catalogue model 1433.

I missed out on an Eickhorn bowie with the 1935 - 1941 logo, it exceeded my max. bid, but only because it didnt had the Original scabbard.
    otherwise i would have bought that one.
    I was not exaggerating when i said that this would be most likely my rarest find sofar.

Regards
    Ger

Love i!!