Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German hunting knife for comments .

Article about: Hi guys , I think this is post war but unsure , Can you possibly tell me more about it ? With thanks , Australia

Default German hunting knife for comments .

Hi guys , I think this is post war but unsure ,
    Can you possibly tell me more about it ?

With thanks ,
    Australia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German hunting knife for comments .
    P
    Many

Hi Australia...Othello is not to my knowledge a known producer of forestry knives. The other thing that stands out is that the English word Germany is on the blade . This is post war and possibles done by Othello as certain Solingen producers are still in operation today. The leather scabbard appears to be as new as the knife. Othello is a trademark name but the identity of the original producer name I can not recall as I am at work now and would be grateful for someone to post the producers name. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Australia...Othello is not to my knowledge a known producer of forestry knives. The other thing that stands out is that the English word Germany is on the blade . This is post war and possibles done by Othello as certain Solingen producers are still in operation today. The leather scabbard appears to be as new as the knife. Othello is a trademark name but the identity of the original producer name I can not recall as I am at work now and would be grateful for someone to post the producers name. Best Regards Larry
    Greetings Larry,

Parent company for the "Othello" trademark is Anton Wingen Jr., of Solingen. I agree with your summation, the posted knife is something most definitely of post-war (WWII) manufacture.

Regards,

Lance

Thanks Lance being at work has its limitations but that one I should of known. Anton Wingen is somewhat common of a producer. I have to dig into the history of this company to see how much stuff ther produced and their current operations. Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Post war for sure, Eickhorn made post war hunting cutlass's and such also, alot of times they get sold as TR era to someone unknowing for alot more money then they are worth. thats all I can add about this.

Thanks guys for the help .
    Never seen one like this before .

?

This hunting cutlass can be placed in the late 80th ( 1985-1987)
    Anton Wingen ( Othello trade mark) ended their business after 120 years in 1990/1991

Lovely quality cutlass you got there!

cheers,
    Ger

I agree - post war knife. Nice piece though,
    very well made.........
    Regards,

Steve.