Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help in identifying a Forestry cutlass

Article about: Hello to all. I want to ask you for help in identifying this forestry. I didn't even know this is called "forestry" when I purchased it. It just looked cool to me I also have one c

Default Help in identifying a Forestry cutlass

Hello to all. I want to ask you for help in identifying this forestry.
    I didn't even know this is called "forestry" when I purchased it. It just looked cool to me
    I also have one concern that the handle doesn't fit the handle. Are there any ways to fix it?
    I appreciate any advice. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help in identifying a Forestry cutlass   Help in identifying a Forestry cutlass  

Help in identifying a Forestry cutlass   Help in identifying a Forestry cutlass  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help in identifying a Forestry cutlass
    P
    Many

?

This Forestry dagger took a major blow at the grip which dislocated it a bit causing a gap visual below the guard.
    This early logo (without the oval) is accepted as being pre war, Hörster seems to etch and stamp their blades.
    A bit of a rule is to only buy stamped logo's on hunting daggers, as etched ones are mostly post war.
    This logo seems to be ok for pre 1945 production.
    The exception to the rule is E.Pack, this company etched all their hunting daggers.
    The gripplates seems to be made of bone, a cheaper variant to ivory, most hunting daggers used bone gripplates.

Best
    Ger

Thank you sir!
    I admire your vast knowledge and kindness.
    Do you think it's possible to remove the bone grip, bend the frame back to normal, and place the grip again?
    Or should I leave it be and consider it as an old wound?

Regards
    Jack

?

Just enjoy it as it is, it has a great blade and i would expose it outside the scabbard.
    Dont mess with the frame, the material is old and becomes brittle, most likely it will break by bending.

Ger

Thank you for your advice!
    I'll put it on my desk so that I can see the beautiful blade any time!

Some clearer pics.
    I have no idea what made a big blow at the grip but I think it was worth paying $130 for this
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help in identifying a Forestry cutlass   Help in identifying a Forestry cutlass  

Help in identifying a Forestry cutlass