Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Hirschfanger by Alcoso

Article about: Hello. How do you like the Alcoso Hunting Dagger in white metal?

?

Default Hirschfanger by Alcoso

Hello. How do you like the Alcoso Hunting Dagger in white metal?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hirschfanger by Alcoso   Hirschfanger by Alcoso  

Hirschfanger by Alcoso   Hirschfanger by Alcoso  

Hirschfanger by Alcoso  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hirschfanger by Alcoso
    P
    Many

?

First of all its Forestry instead of Forserty

Well to be honest, having lost all of its original gilding its doesnt look that great, its an aluminium based hilt and should be gilded.
    Besides that im missing the alcoso etches on the blade.
    Not one for my collection.

Best
    Ger

?

It is very pitted on fittings. I am not a fan of it for my collection but it Is my opinion. Ger here is someone I would wait to opine on this piece. He has very good knowledge in the area of Forestry and Hunting Cutlasses.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Thanks Gerrit, there is a typo in the title of the post and I am writing through google translator, so not all words can be understood (unfortunately)

the hilt and the device of the scabbard are metallic, magnetized. there is a mark on the blade. the seller says that there was etching but had to be removed to remove corrosion from the blade

?

Alcoso brand in dagger blade
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hirschfanger by Alcoso  

?

Quote by messia View Post
    Thanks Gerrit, there is a typo in the title of the post and I am writing through google translator, so not all words can be understood (unfortunately)

the hilt and the device of the scabbard are metallic, magnetized. there is a mark on the blade. the seller says that there was etching but had to be removed to remove corrosion from the blade
    This model is a standard Hirschfänger, not a Deluxe version, its not rare and in this condition not very collectible.
    We see this model by Alcoso mostly in gilded brass for the earlier ones (up to 1935) from 1936 and up a lot of gilded aluminium and even gilded steel was used.
    All logo's by Alcoso are stamped, so no etched ones before 1945.

Looking at this one, it looks stamped, but its blade having been polished so hard to remove corrosion removing the etch, and the hilt and fitting lost their gilt.

This one has no collectible value, i advice to look for a better one.

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 01-23-2022 at 08:20 AM.

A classic example of a heavily corroded blade where someone has gone overboard with acid and buff, clean and polish, even deciding to remove all trace of gilt to give an impression of uniformity. The fact the etching is completely gone shows how extensive the sanding, acid and polish must have been. As always when appraising a blade, compare it with photos of other originals and catalogue diagrams to reveal changes from standard. This forum archive is a good place to start.

Thread title edited
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Thread title edited
    Larry could you edit the word Kmife into dagger or Hirschfänger?

Thx
    Ger