Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

JA Henckels Antique Hunting Knife

Article about: -- Good morning War Relics. I acquired this piece from the collection of a man offloading some of his fine pieces. I'm trying to learn all I can about the piece but information is tricky to

Default JA Henckels Antique Hunting Knife

-- Good morning War Relics. I acquired this piece from the collection of a man offloading some of his fine pieces. I'm trying to learn all I can about the piece but information is tricky to come by. I've never seen the stag's head that's located on the cross guard on any other example thus far. The JA Henckels logo lends me to believe the knife is in the 1900 and beyond range. Another oddity is the #15 stamped under the "staples" located under both the locket and chape.

JA Henckels Antique Hunting KnifeJA Henckels Antique Hunting KnifeJA Henckels Antique Hunting KnifeJA Henckels Antique Hunting KnifeJA Henckels Antique Hunting KnifeJA Henckels Antique Hunting KnifeJA Henckels Antique Hunting KnifeJA Henckels Antique Hunting KnifeJA Henckels Antique Hunting Knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement JA Henckels Antique Hunting Knife
    P
    Many

Looks good. Here's a page from the 1908 Carl Eickhorn catalogue.

Wow that is awesome looking. Would love to know more about it and it's construction. Checked myself and info is tough to find. Love the ornate style and engraving. looks like a valuable piece. Thanks for sharing.

Does this not belong with the scabbard ?

It appears in the photo that the ricasso stops right at the throat of the scabbard upper fitting.
    Other than that a Unigue variant rarely seen.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Looks good. Here's a page from the 1908 Carl Eickhorn catalogue.

-- WOW! That is the likes of EXACTLY what I was wanting to see. There it is on the far right clear as day -- number 784!! I see both of these knife examples came with a variant that included the smaller utility knife. Very interesting! Thank you for this invaluable picture Anderson. Bravo.
    Last edited by Mediumtall; 01-09-2020 at 08:36 AM.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Wow that is awesome looking. Would love to know more about it and it's construction. Checked myself and info is tough to find. Love the ornate style and engraving. looks like a valuable piece. Thanks for sharing.
    -- I'm slowly learning more as I go along mauser. I suppose if I understood German there'd be much more I could unearth with Google searches. The image that Anderson posted was huge. I've long searched hundreds of photos but never saw a similar example. Close, but none with the stag's head. I was beginning to doubt its authenticity. It's also rare to see the accompanying utility knife as well (and in such great condition.)

And yes, I was blown away by the ornate design and quality construction. The overall condition and blade engraving on both sides is exquisite. It was a pricey acquisition coming in around the $5,000 Canadian dollar range but my instincts were telling me to purchase it.

Quote by Larry C View Post

It appears in the photo that the ricasso stops right at the throat of the scabbard upper fitting.
    Other than that a Unigue variant rarely seen.

Regards Larry
    -- I'm convinced it's the proper scabbard Larry. I'll throw up some more pics that better display it. It is a SNUG fit. From what I can see the blade slides down between sheets of wood?? and then comes to rest with the most perfect of fits. You really have to pull to slide the blade out or sheath it again.

Quote by Larry C View Post

Regards Larry
    That would be the top of the opening for the knife Larry.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

-- Here are some pics that show the two parts connecting from the reverse side. As I mentioned above it's a very snug fit. And here are two pics of the staples and the number fifteen stamped on both the locket and chape??? Any ideas?

JA Henckels Antique Hunting KnifeJA Henckels Antique Hunting KnifeJA Henckels Antique Hunting KnifeJA Henckels Antique Hunting Knife

Figured it was a pricey blade. Pic posted by Anderson is great. Google up the writing for more possible info. Looks gold plated. Sure looks like a wealthy man's hunting knife.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast