Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need opinions on this Hunting Hirschfanger...

Article about: Hi all. I received these photos from the seller of what looks like a nice Hunting Hirschfanger, but I'd like some opinions before I pull the trigger. He took photos of parts and pieces of th

?

Default Need opinions on this Hunting Hirschfanger...

Hi all.

I received these photos from the seller of what looks like a nice Hunting Hirschfanger, but I'd like some opinions before I pull the trigger. He took photos of parts and pieces of the knife instead of shooting full length photos, which is not uncommon in my experience since many people think detail shots are more important. Still, the shots he did provide are for the most part very detailed and should provide enough to determine if this is a good one. Based on what I'm seeing it is 100%...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on this Hunting Hirschfanger...
    P
    Many

Hang tight Darren the holidays are still upon us...Gerrit or Ivan are good with these..and will eventually be along.
    I kinda like it

Happy New Year

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry. I'm 99% ok with it myself so not too worried. Thought I'd post it just in case there is something glaring that I'm just not seeing, but don't expect that to be the case.

Darren,

Does the blade have some darkening or is it just the poor pics? Is it a WKC product? Overall, the DJ looks OK to me including a nice frog & belt loop.

I like it also, but an not particularly impressed by the grip emblem's soft details. The knife,itself, looks fine, but without a iron clad return policy, I would have to wonder on this one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Excellent craftsmanship as expected. The fit of the stag grip to the hilt is perfect! Bob

William,

You bring up a good point about the grip emblem's soft details but I believe the culprit to be just poorly focused pictures. Looking forward to better pictures.

?

The most important detail is missing imo: the makermark
    Without the backside ricasso with the makers logo i cant determan if its the real deal.

Regards
    Ger

?

Hi Ger. It's there (there makers mark), just not in the photos. I can confirm that it is WKC with the knights head logo.