Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27

Article about: Hi Guys, I wanted to share 2 new finds and get any opinions you may have! Thanks for your input!! Imperial Presentation Hunting Cutlass Clemen & Jung Approximate 24 “ Gilt Wash Etched bl

Default Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27

Hi Guys,
    I wanted to share 2 new finds and get any opinions you may have!
    Thanks for your input!!

Imperial Presentation Hunting Cutlass Clemen & Jung
    Approximate 24 “ Gilt Wash Etched blade beautiful workmanship
    Engraved scabbard Translates:

“A great honor for the best sniper Shooting/sniper regiment Gardeleden 1908”

2. Luftwaffe Dagger (1st model) Jagdgeschwader 27
    Aluminum Hanger OLC
    UNMARKED blade?
    Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Presentation Sniper Dagger & luftwaffe 1st Jagdgeschwader 27
    P
    Many

Well that's the same scene with the hunter his dog and the deer as in my repro from Poland, complete with the strange (masonic?) deer head at the top! Yours looks much better done and detailed though so I'd consider that a huge plus. Now I know where the inspiration for mine came from, lol. Good luck!

?

Hi there, your translation is not correct, it simply says:

Best shooter
    Shooting association Gardelegen 1908

Each year these associations had a shooting contest and these cutlasses were handed out to the winner.

Gardelegen is one of the oldest shooting ( Schützen) associations of Germany and still in practise.

Best
    Ger

Thank You, Ger!

2 Very nice edged weapons.

If you may Mr Blastoff ...please post the 1st Model Luftwaffe dagger in it own subforum > https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/luftwaffe/

The forum requires this for separate study and to keep all types consistent in the same category.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A quality cutlass, that by the look of it may actually have been used on hunting trips.

Pending any re-post of the 1st Patt Luftwaffe dagger and without prejudice as I am not sure.

Can anybody explain the Berlin emblem on the scabbard?

I served in Berlin befor the wall came down and I am familiar with the design of the 1954 - Stadt and Landeswappen (with a crown combining the features of the mural crown with the Volkeskrone symbolising a republic) though this seems more like the 1935 Stadtwappen (with a mural crown representing the walls of a city) also maintained in the DDR up to re-unification but I have never seen it on a Third Reich piece. What have I missed?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

that standing bear is the Squadrons weapons " coat of armour"

although crudly applied it is the correct one for the 27th Jagdgeschwader.

Ger

?

I notice the 2./JG27 insignia is engraved (surprisingly crudely, as Ger points out), to the reverse of the scabbard.
    Would this be due to a regulation preventing such modifications to the face?

Bob

Quote by gerrit View Post
    that standing bear is the Squadrons weapons " coat of armour"

although crudly applied it is the correct one for the 27th Jagdgeschwader.

Ger
    Thanks Ger,

That is helpful.

Was this a known / established practice? I suppose it must have been "unofficial". Do you know if there is a Berlin connection to that sub-unit?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast