Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Second Hunting Piece Veteran Acquired

Article about: This one is continued from yesterday it is different has a wooden grip blade has typical hunting scenes of running boar, dog and stag deer. My Godmother never found the scabbard for it. This

Default Second Hunting Piece Veteran Acquired

This one is continued from yesterday it is different has a wooden grip blade has typical hunting scenes of running boar, dog and stag deer. My Godmother never found the scabbard for it. This one was also brought back by her uncle. It has the name Klingenthal engraved in the spine. Anybody know the age to this one? timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Second Hunting Piece Veteran Acquired   Second Hunting Piece Veteran Acquired  

Second Hunting Piece Veteran Acquired   Second Hunting Piece Veteran Acquired  

Second Hunting Piece Veteran Acquired   Second Hunting Piece Veteran Acquired  

Second Hunting Piece Veteran Acquired  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Second Hunting Piece Veteran Acquired
    P
    Many

?

Hi Timothy , thats a nice used hunting tool with a good robust blade . Here's some interesting info for you

A Brief History of Klingenthal Blade Manufacturing
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Now there is a hard act to follow...good info Allen!! .... I have taken notice of the lower crossguard having the characteristics of a Heer dagger crossgaurd with the scroll appearance to the off ends. I was going to say very early Forestry from the grip style. Nice Find Timothy...it will go well with a later made Forestry example. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Looking at the wooden grip, its shape etc. i would place this one in the late 18th century

Cheers,
    Ger

Fantastic information Alan thanks much it answered my mystery. timothy