Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A. Storz boot knife?

Article about: Hello forum, I hope I’m posting this to the correct forum. I recently purchased this knife and inquiring some info on it. I think this a post WW2 boot knife? I tried to look up the maker b

Default A. Storz boot knife?

Hello forum,

I hope I’m posting this to the correct forum.

I recently purchased this knife and inquiring some info on it. I think this a post WW2 boot knife? I tried to look up the maker but there’s not much there. The knife is about 7 3/4” long and the blade a little over 3”. Any thoughts? Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A. Storz boot knife?   A. Storz boot knife?  

A. Storz boot knife?   A. Storz boot knife?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A. Storz boot knife?
    P
    Many

This is called a "knicker" and were often carried when wearing lederhosen.
    It is basically a utility knife, although I'm sure some were carried as fighting knives.
    I have several in my collection, the third from the top was brought from Germany by my father, and often used to skin out rabbits.
    Ralph.

A. Storz boot knife?
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

These are traditional German "Lederhosen trachten messer"
    a so called Jagdmesser oder Jagdnicker, not a bootknife.
    In the trenches back then they used a lot of types.....

Ger

Hahaha Ralph, you beat me to it.....posted while i was busy typing, darn wifes with their nagging

My German is a little rusty... so I had to look up “Lederhosen”. Then I had to look up “Lederhosen knife”... You guys are spot on! Thanks to both.

Can I also ask what the price range is for these types of knives? I’m not out very much if I over paid ($25.00). Thanks again.

Quote by 26Intrepid View Post
    Can I also ask what the price range is for these types of knives? I’m not out very much if I over paid ($25.00). Thanks again.
    That's a pretty good price.
    I would gladly pay that for it.
    They are usually good quality blades.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)