Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes

Article about: Hi all, I have been inspired to do this thread after a recently helping out a member. It is my plan to post pictures of differing buckles from early to late to help the novice/beginner buckl

Default Re: Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes

I know the Africa Korps used webbing equiptment over leather .Im only guessing that the leather would soon deteriote in the hot,dry climate.

Regards Brookes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes
    P
    Many

Do you have SA Belts to show characteristics of?

Here are images in relation to selected areas of two quite typical "political" straps which could have been worn by many organisations to include the SA.

Regards,

David

Default SA leather straps

Here are images of a strap to include an aluminium catch, where we can definitely say - SA !!

In all probability, a strap that was worn with the SA-Wehrmannschaften buckle by those members from Gruppe Nordsee.

Regards,

David

steveiebee
    ?

Hi Ben. My granma died a few weeks back and after clearing her house out i've come across various war memorabilia, including one of the two piece parade buckle above... just wanted to know a bit more about the belt that comes with it as i can't find it anywhere on the internet?

The belt has a bitumen kind of finish to it? Is this original or added after? Could it have been buffed to create a high gloss finish?

I've also found a large heavy linen/cotten swastika in the traditional cream and red which has dark blood patches on it. Does anyone know if these are worth anything to anyone as to be honest i'm not very keen on keeping it!

I can also remember my grandad's uniform was hung in the outside toilet along with a heavy woolen coat that some nuns made him in France, these went missing and it turns out my uncle burnt them on a fire along with loads of other stuff my grandad had brought back from the war! Why? God only knows...

Would be great if you could speard a little light on it...

steveiebee
    ?

Quote by steveiebee View Post
    Hi Ben. My granma died a few weeks back and after clearing her house out i've come across various war memorabilia, including one of the two piece parade buckle above... just wanted to know a bit more about the belt that comes with it as i can't find it anywhere on the internet?

The belt has a bitumen kind of finish to it? Is this original or added after? Could it have been buffed to create a high gloss finish?

I've also found a large heavy linen/cotten swastika in the traditional cream and red which has dark blood patches on it. Does anyone know if these are worth anything to anyone as to be honest i'm not very keen on keeping it!

I can also remember my grandad's uniform was hung in the outside toilet along with a heavy woolen coat that some nuns made him in France, these went missing and it turns out my uncle burnt them on a fire along with loads of other stuff my grandad had brought back from the war! Why? God only knows...

Would be great if you could speard a little light on it...
    Couldn't upload my pictures for some reason... says i need to contact an admin, i'll try again...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes  

Juergen
    ?

Hello Ben-excellent Pages about Buckles!
    I really appreciate the wealth of Information Thats really interesting
    Thanks,I learnt alot about Belts&buckles I guess
    Regards
    Jurgen

Juergen
    ?

Thats rihgt ben-I wore that in the early 60s-(In the Field was an Webbelt with Brassbuckle paintet olive-it gives another Buckle with a Snapcatch?
    very informative
    best Jurgen

Juergen
    ?

Hello Ben;Info for "Turnerbund" buckle(Athletsliga)Sport is "FRISCH,FROMM,FROEHLICH.FREI" in this Sentence=fresh/believing(in God)/happy/free (comes from Turnvater Jahn)tried to make german Youth fit against Napoleon!
    best Regards
    Juergen

?

Thumbs up Re: Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes

Hi everyone...
    I'm a new member and I'm very pleased to have stumbled across this amazing site. I can see from these threads that I have a lot to learn about buckles... the huge amount of styles and variations, and very importantly... if they are genuine or not!
    I was born in 1949 and, as a kid my mates and I would spend lots of time playing in a huge "Ammo Dump" that was situated in New Malden, Surrey, England. It was all fenced off but we used to climb over the fence and find ourselves in an area about the size of a football pitch. It was amazing... just crammed full and piled high with old army equipment... tank parts, flame throwers, bombs galore... you name it and it was there. I used to walk home each time with a bomb under each arm and my pockets filled with brown paper packets oozing thick, sticky grease! We didn't even know that the bombs were de-activated... we often used to say to each other while walking home.. "whatever you do... don't drop it!" I had so much "stuff" in my bedroom.. even to this day whenever I smell diesel or grease it takes me back to that time. I wish I still had some of those amazing things... what a collection I had!
    Anyway, this interest in things from the war was backed up by the amazing amount of war films on tv and in the cinemas during the 1950s- 1960s. I have been interested and passionate about WW11 ever since but... strangely enough, and apart from reading thousands of books concerned with the war, I never, ever thought about collecting actual relics until just last week when I accidently saw a buckle for sale on ebay... it's probably a fake but I bought it anyway, but this has suddenly opened up a long but unknown longing inside, and since then I have followed links to some pretty amazing sites selling war relics. In the past week I have bought 4 buckles, at least 2 of them are definitely 100% genuine and purchased from well established and trustworthy businesses. The ebay buckle may or may not be genuine, I'll post a picture of it once I've received it. I'm now looking for good books on the subject and amazing threads like this one, to help me get started on this new venture. So thanks a lot guys, I'm sure that I will be posting plenty of pleas for help as I build my collection... great stuff and cheers to you all....

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast