Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Buckles and belts, seperate or together? Display options?

Article about: I was just wondering what you guys do with belts that you don't think belong on a particular buckle? Do you remove buckle and wait till you get the matching buckle for that belt? I know that

Default Buckles and belts, seperate or together? Display options?

I was just wondering what you guys do with belts that you don't think belong on a particular buckle? Do you remove buckle and wait till you get the matching buckle for that belt?

I know that in war time things got mixed up, but all too often dealers and collectors mix and match to sell on. Personally if I reckon the buckle has been on there for a long time I'd rather leave it together.

Also if you are displaying buckles, how do you do it? I've got a set of shallow metal drawers, I used it years ago for badges, medals, etc. etc. I suppose it would make the collection better if all the buckles were together but nice to have the belts on display as well. Or what do you do?

Anyway, my newly started collection is getting there... 15 buckles, 6 with belts.... (although one is a DDR) The addiction is back, groan.... Apologies for the guff camera phone pics, me being a Pro photographer and all that, better pics coming shortly.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buckles and belts, seperate or together? Display options?   Buckles and belts, seperate or together? Display options?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buckles and belts, seperate or together? Display options?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Buckles and belts, seperate or together? Display options?

Lenny, if I think a buckle and belt have been together I will keep them together, other than that I separate them. In ref to displays I used to keep my buckles in flat cases but I have just started to used these glass shelving cabinets from Ikea
    Attached Images Attached Images Buckles and belts, seperate or together? Display options?  Buckles and belts, seperate or together? Display options? 
    Ben

Looking good Ben, a few friends use those Ikea cabinets for pickelhaubes and helmets. Great value... Oh, and I see your "home defence" weapon is handy!

Oh yes Lenny "fix bayonets" these are the cases I used to use
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buckles and belts, seperate or together? Display options?   Buckles and belts, seperate or together? Display options?  

Buckles and belts, seperate or together? Display options?  
    Ben

Hello,

lenny, look the link in my signatur ...........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Oh yes Lenny "fix bayonets" these are the cases I used to use
    Ben, doffing the cap to the Guv'nor, feeling slightly jealous!

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hello,

lenny, look the link in my signatur ...........
    and yeat again jealous.... Cracking collections the pair of you... Markus, the shelving in your first picture, that custom made?

Did nobody wonder what that suspicious bit of large aluminium was above my buckles??? My new collection is housed in my video edit suite, which to be honest is where I spend most of my time...