Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Catholic youth

Article about: Hello all, has anyone hear about this Catholic youth buckle ? Can it be good ? Never heard of it ..........

Default Catholic youth

Hello all,

has anyone hear about this Catholic youth buckle ?

Can it be good ?

Never heard of it ..........

Catholic youthCatholic youth
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Catholic youth
    P
    Many

Not one I have seen Markus to be honest, the box looks ok IMO
    Ben

?

The symbol itself would be correct for a Catholic youth group as the Spaniards have a similar one in pin and flag form for their Catholic group. However, I have not seen it on a buckle.

Catholic youth

Catholic youth

I like it
    I have a brooch belonged to a girl German ww2...
    So why not a buckle

The symbol is called Chi Rho and dates back to the romans. .
    Emperor Constantine made this symbol on his shield..
    So associated with a christian meaning..
    It is called a Christogram... and was the first christian cross...

?

There is a similar buckle on the archives at Emedals. It was from John Angolia’s collection and was described as a German Christian organization. It has a single hole with the insignia attach through the middle and then weld in two spots.

?

Here is the buckle Kirby referred to from emedals

I have seen a similar buckle described as Ostmärkische Sturmscharen but they seem to used this symbol:
    Catholic youth

?

Though the two letters look like P and X in the English alphabet, they are actually chi (looks like X) and rho (looks like P) from the Greek alphabet. They also happen to be the first two letters of “Christ” in Greek (Christos). Hence the chi-rho monogram is used as a symbol of Christ, Christianity, and Christians. There are a few in the Steinhauer & Luck catalog, but the Chi ( X ) doesn't appear to be the same size in relationship to what has started this thread but rather the one Aldo has posted..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Catholic youth  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

An extremely interesting and often overlooked genre of Weimar era buckles and actually, having been discussed within the Forum on previous occasions. I assume that a Forum search with the key words of Catholic and/or Evangelical will isolate the said threads.

Great explanation of the Chi-Rho symbol by Gwar and it is worth considering that there are numerous variations and permutations of these Catholic Youth buckles by design and construction, rather than there being a single definitive type.

From the extract of the St. u L. sales catalogue that Gwar so kindly posted:-

The first two buckles are attributed to "Neudeutsche Katholische Jugend-Gemeinschaft", however they are often casually referred to as "Katholische Pfadfinder".

The third buckle is attributed to "Katholischer Jungmännerverband Deutschland".

Again, there are many variants towards the designs of buckles worn by these organisations.

By the way, the fourth buckle of the row from the extract of the St. u L. sales catalogue is very interesting and again, has been previously shown and discussed within the Forum.

Regards and best wishes,

David