Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cross strap?

Article about: Hello, Any opinions on this cross strap? I saw a similar one in Espenlaub and it looks original. But what organization? -Joel

Default Cross strap?

Hello,

Any opinions on this cross strap? I saw a similar one in Espenlaub and it looks original. But what organization?

Cross strap?
    Cross strap?

-Joel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cross strap?
    P
    Many

?

Is the front of the clips smooth or pebbled? Does the leather smell new? The stitching looks sloppy. I had one with just the Overhoff markings several years ago and the stitching was straight as I expect to see.

Quote by kirby View Post
    Is the front of the clips smooth or pebbled? Does the leather smell new? The stitching looks sloppy. I had one with just the Overhoff markings several years ago and the stitching was straight as I expect to see.
    The front of the clips feels slightly rough. The leather has a very mild smell to it, so I guess it doesn't smell too new. It might be a reproduction now that I'm looking at pictures of confirmed originals. Here are a few more pictures.

Cross strap?
    Cross strap?
    Cross strap?

-Joel
    Last edited by Blitzvogel; 06-03-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Quote by Blitzvogel View Post
    ...It might be a reproduction now that I'm looking at pictures of confirmed originals...
    Dear Joel,

An item which I must admit is not at all within my area of collecting, however and in my opinion, your doubts are unfortunately correct.

If you would like that I dignify my opinion with detail, then please let me know.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Quote by David North View Post
    Dear Joel,

An item which I must admit is not at all within my area of collecting, however and in my opinion, your doubts are unfortunately correct.

If you would like that I dignify my opinion with detail, then please let me know.

Regards and best wishes,

David
    Thank you David. I agree, the stitching and the clip material seem incorrect.

-Joel