Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Dealer selling fakes

Article about: Hello, Do members care when a dealer sells fakes even after being told repeatedly it was a fake with proof and he sold it anyway ? Especially if they are a co sponsor of this Forum ? Thought

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    I still need to condition my arm in preparation for the gold wound badge toss.
    You could trade it out to a well known expert dealer

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dealer selling fakes
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Based on the information that has recently surfaced and the research that has gone into and investigating the items, sadly I had recommended this dealer to some of our forum members based on my experiences with that dealer in the past. I purchased some items from the dealer and didn't doubt the items at all. I had purchased some low end items (dagger hangar, an NSLV pin and one other item that I can't recall now what it was) but I was satisfied.

I am quite disappointed and now have reservations about the reputation of this dealer due to the lack of communication and failure to reply to concerns from members.

I hope that a resolution will be found and that questions will be answered..

Smitty
    Same here. I have "listed" him in the past as well. Never purchased from him but from forum feedback I have read over the years it has always been A+.

I hope there is an explanation to this.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I have made many good purchases with this dealer. I also saw that he had fakes, just like most dealers these days. Study what you collect, and always post before buying.....even if you think it is 100%.

MAP
    ?

Quote by visor View Post
    I have made many good purchases with this dealer. I also saw that he had fakes, just like most dealers these days. Study what you collect, and always post before buying.....even if you think it is 100%.
    Yup!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by visor View Post
    And as life keeps telling us "you are only as good as your last screw up". Once more though it's the way one deals with it that counts!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Mate, you can only speak as you find.

I have never dealt with him so I have no axe to grind. However, if I had bought from him I would certainly be revising my opinions now and would feel that I, having recommended him to others may be somewhat compromised so I understand how you must feel.

Everytime a bad guy is captured there are people saying "I would never have thought that of him, he's such a good guy". Nobody should feel bad in such a situation it just means one is no different than the rest in giving the guy credit based on what you have seen.

This all goes back to the "genuine mistake properly resolved" scenario and the longer this goes on without his candid explanation (I'm dying to hear it ) and resolution the less likely that seems.

He's definately off my Christmas Card List now!

Regards

Mark
    PS We all know the phrase but "Caveat Emptor" was never more apt.
    Mark,

Thank you for the boost in morale.. Been feeling a little down since finding out this information.. I would never intentionally steer someone in the wrong direction as far as collecting. We often pride ourselves in the knowledge we have and try to share with others.. The proverbial torch passing so to speak so that the knowledge gained is passed on to the next generation...

It proves once again to have a good grasp on what you intend to collect and never be afraid of asking questions and standing up to your beliefs with evidence and factual information..

We have all been wrong before in our assessments and judgements, no-one is perfect.. The only perfect person that I know was nailed to a cross and He died for my sins....

We learn from our mistakes, gain more knowledge from them,,, and move forward....

Smitty

Did this get resolved? He has sold some great buckles in the past and at good prices. Has he replied to anyone ref the fakes for sale? If not I will contact him
    Ben

I too have bought countless items from Dan in the past without a single problem and have also referred other collectors to his sight.I was also shocked when I found out who was being discussed,I hope there is a good explanation.

Bill

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Did this get resolved? He has sold some great buckles in the past and at good prices. Has he replied to anyone ref the fakes for sale? If not I will contact him
    Ben, that would be great to hear what he has to say, appreciate it. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I have dealt with Dan and his wife a few times. I purchased two pair of collar tabs and after a little research and posting on a forum, decided that although they may or may not have been legitimate(I was inclined to think not), they weren't for me. When they arrived, I immediately sent them back and received my refund. I have purchased other items, and gotten some good priced, nice pieces. As stated before, you have to be careful with his, and for that matter everyones websites, as the fakes are out there, and the dealers may be aware and just trying to recover their loss or they may be genuinely unaware.
    That being said, when someone who has the knowledge informs them of the status of an item, and they ignore such information and do not remove the questionable item, it really only points to one unfortunate truth. Intentional deception.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast