Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early supporters full face swastika buckles

Article about: Here are a brace of the early "full face" and "upright" swastika buckles, which of course are now well documented. They have been attributed to both the Freikorp and the

?

Quote by David North View Post
    Hopefully a Forum member who is knowledgeable with regards to the chronological development of the SA uniform will chip in here.

Regards and best wishes,

David
    x
    Last edited by Gimmie; 03-30-2021 at 03:36 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early supporters full face swastika buckles
    P
    Many

Quote by Gimmie View Post
    I've had some correspondence today with Wim...
    Many thanks for posing this question to Wilhelm and which is greatly appreciated. As you are aware and towards which I still find it impossibly difficult to believe even now, the War Relics Forum has seen fit to ban Wilhelm. If not, I am sure that Wilhelm and the now absent Andreas, would have provided interesting responses, both in relation to the SA uniform and the Kampfzeit buckle. Obviously this is not to be and hopefully someone else who is active on the Forum will chime in about the SA uniform in question, although to be perfectly honest, I am not overly optimistic.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

x
    Last edited by Gimmie; 03-30-2021 at 03:36 PM.

CBH
    ?

I was in contact with HPL he is now active on WAF , he has no plans are returning, unfortunately.

Hello Chris,

Thankyou for this status update and really, what an utter shame. The expertise that both Wilhelm and Andreas once offered to our War Relics Forum was and in my opinion, simply peerless. I suppose and with an element of regret, a well done is now due to the Wehrmacht Awards Forum.

Regards and best wishes,

David

By the way, what on earth happened to post numbers 31 and 33 ?

Just wondering.

Regards and best wishes,

David
    Last edited by David North; 04-02-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Early days SA uniform was characteristic of the Freikorps uniform. It featured grey, double-breasted jacket over white shirt. The only insignia was swastika armband worn on the left sleeve.

Courtesy W.P.B.R. Saris

The first uniform regulations conserning the SA to be encountered are dated 11.11.1926 and addressed the collar insignia.
    On 14.11.1926, the SA service uniform was officially introduced by order of Pfeffer von Salomon. Brown became the official color of the party and the SA. Regulations prescripted that the brown shirt with insignia was to be the basic service uniform.

The order of 22 April 1931 introduced for the first time a definitive and expanded rank stucture for SA. All SA personnel would wear the political form national emblem on their cap. (So this SA man didn't quite yet worn national emblem)

By 1932, it consisted of the basic brown shirt with collar tabs, collar piping, armband, brown leather belt with shoulder strap, service cap, breeches in the same color as the shirt and brown leather boots.
    An order dated 7 July 1932 introduced for the first time the service tunic, four-pocket tunic worn by all ranks over brown shirt with tie.

The SA introduced shoulder straps in May 1933 to be used in conjunction with the colored collar insignia already use.

Here's some development of the SA uniform, unfortunately I do not know so much buckles, so cannot say anything about those.

Next week I wil get some photos and there is one man wearing early supporters swastika buckle, will uppload that photo here.
    Last edited by Finngaill; 04-03-2021 at 08:16 PM.
    -TJ-

Wilhelm Saris has asked me to point out that Finngaill has used illustrations taken mainly from Volume 3 of his Headgear Series of books without first seeking his permission to do so. This is a clear breach of copyright rules... and also in breach of forum rules too. The post should either be removed by admin/mods, or at the very least Finngaill should seek Wim's permission to keep the pictures on the post and correctly attribute the images to Wim out of common courtesy.

Cheers,
    Steve

Edit: I talk with Mr. Saris and it is all okey, credit had given to Mr. Saris
    Last edited by Finngaill; 04-03-2021 at 08:11 PM.
    -TJ-

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    ...next week I will get some photos and there is one man wearing early supporters swastika buckle, will upload that photo here...
    Many thanks for your uniform related post and now looking forward to seeing the image that you have mentioned.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast