Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

eMedals

Article about: I have gotten some great buckles from eMedals but looking at their auction today I see some collector is about to get burned on fake SS Officers buckle. Coming up a pigeon head fake Heer buc

?

Default eMedals

I have gotten some great buckles from eMedals but looking at their auction today I see some collector is about to get burned on fake SS Officers buckle. Coming up a pigeon head fake Heer buckle on a tropical web belt. A big berry fake Luftwaffe. A awful fake RODO SS buckle. Web Tropical officers with the ugliest eagle I have ever seen on a Heer officers buckle. I don't recall ever seeing this buckle so I only believe it is fake. I have emailed them about other fakes but they never pull them from the auction.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement eMedals
    P
    Many

?

I see them at the local military show near Toronto. Years ago he was ok, now that the kids took over.........let’s just say I walk right by the booth. I stopped dealing with emedals years ago, even though I have purchased some good items from them.

Caveat emptor

MAP
    ?

Did not know there was a changing of the guard.

I too have purchased some very nice awards from them over the years and they were great to deal with. But they have always had enough fakes sprinkled in with their original items to be very careful that you authenticate everything you are looking for.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Same here, I dealt with Barry a few times some years ago.
    He was a honest dealer and was willing to work with you on prices
    and payments. Never had any issues.

Now I see some suspicious items and prices have become stupid high.
    New management would explain that.

and as mentioned --- always do your homework.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I would agree with all that has been mentioned above, he gets so much stuff in he seems to list everything no matter what it is and claim it is original.

Morris

I have very mixed feelings about Emedals. And I say mixed feelings, because I have a decent number of fine Iron Crosses, CCC's and a few Cloth German Crosses and other items in my collection I got from them for bargain prices. Every so often, there is an item listed on Emedals, that doesn't get bid on by others, and if you wait until the last second to bid, you can get some nice items for good prices.

That being said, you have to be very careful indeed. I have noticed this very unfortunate practice were Emedals lists Iron Crosses for bidding, and states that they are a maker, that they are not, even going as far as describing a maker's mark that is not actually on the cross. The first time I saw this was a Weachtler & Lange EKII described as a marked Godet. I thought it must have been a mistake because even if you confused the Iron Crosses based on the design, the photos showed no markings anywhere on the Cross. Yet the description stated that it was marked L/50. I thought maybe this was a fluke, but then I noticed this mislabeling happening often on their listings. Similarly, I would see packets offered with Iron Crosses, where the maker on the packet could clearly be seen and was different than actually advertised. Again, one could ascribe it to a mistake, but if a packet says Klein & Quenzer on it, you must be severely dislexic to think it says Deschler, or Juncker. It seems like an odd practice, as I imagine, even a novice collector would notice the errors once the item is in Hand.

I still, on occasion big on items, however, I only go by what is in the photos, as the descriptions cannot be used.

?

Their descriptions are usually worthless. They need to learn how to grade an item. For example a zinc badge with 95% of it's finish missing isn't "above fine condition".