Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help. Which material corrodes to red? Confirm if authentic!!

Article about: Recently got an m4/27 with red corrosive look on reverse. I’ve tried to look at sticky thread to determine material, but figured I’d just ask the experts. Also, is there anything to be d

Default Help. Which material corrodes to red? Confirm if authentic!!

Recently got an m4/27 with red corrosive look on reverse. I’ve tried to look at sticky thread to determine material, but figured I’d just ask the experts. Also, is there anything to be done to stop/manage the corrosiveness that you would suggest. Thanks. I look forward to hearing facts and any other info you would share. Help. Which material corrodes to red? Confirm if authentic!!Help. Which material corrodes to red? Confirm if authentic!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help. Which material corrodes to red? Confirm if authentic!!
    P
    Many

?

Buckles are not my area but surface rust like that would indicate a steel buckle I assume. Wait for the buckle experts perhaps they have more info to share
    Regards, Al

Thank you for sharing. I look forward to learning as much as I can from you guys.

Yes it is a steel buckle. I would give her an oil bath. Nothing mechanical.

Thank you. I will do so post haste. Throug my attempt to find the types of material these buckles are made from I found them to be aluminum, nickel covered steel and zinc. Is this correct or is the fourth just steel? I guess this is a lateness item as the nicer materials are directly going to war production. Is that correct?
    So many rabbit holes I run to as there is so much to learn!!!

Auto correct…late war production

?

My area of skull collecting has shown me that zinc corrodes like these two below which is commonly referred to as zinc pest

Help. Which material corrodes to red? Confirm if authentic!!Help. Which material corrodes to red? Confirm if authentic!!

Help. Which material corrodes to red? Confirm if authentic!!Help. Which material corrodes to red? Confirm if authentic!!

Aluminum can become pitted like this one below, while the copper backing seems impervious to corrosion

Nickel seems to just tarnish while steel will rust. All the corrosion is due to exposure to excessive dampness or water logging. That's my amateur observations about metal corrosion.
    Regards, Al

?

Hello,
    Es ist eine Stahl/Eisenblech Schnalle mit silberner Lackierung (Farbe) und ein schönes Originalstück.. Bitte nur mit einem weichen Lappen und etwas Öl abreiben um die Silber Farbe nicht zu verlieren..
    Grüße

Thank you for the pictures and explanation. To the last post, I’m not able to translate, but thanks for trying!!!!

?

"Hello,
    It is a steel/iron sheet buckle with a silver finish (color) and a beautiful original piece. Please only rub with a soft cloth and a little oil so as not to lose the silver color.
    Greetings"

Courtesy of google translator
    Regards, Al

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast