Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I want to know if it's real or fake

Article about: Hello, Can you please help me, i found this buckle on na field when metal detecting and i want to know if it's real Thanks!

Question I want to know if it's real or fake

Hello,

Can you please help me, i found this buckle on a field when metal detecting and i want to know if it's real

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I want to know if it's real or fake
    P
    Many

?

I would say it is a original nickel Steinhauer and luck with the reverse facing eagle. A rare buckle but it would take a amazing restoration job to make something out of this.

Very intresting!
    Right facing early in 1 piece Steinhauer buckle with small "t". Never seen before this variant.
    I will follow the opinions.

Thanks, how could i restore it without damage it?

CSW
    ?

Alright, here are my two cents, feel free to disagree: Please do NOT try to make it look new. Personally I would not try to get it back in its original shape nor would I touch it with any kind of paint.

It is very sad to see this great buckle in that condition...

?

I don't endorse restoration. I was just remembering a rotated swastika SS buckle that was restored. The buckle wasn't as damaged as this buckle but was denazified. It looked like a ground dug buckle after the restoration but the swastika looked very good. I think that thread was on WFA.

I agree original ST&L buckle
    Ben

Is it worth anything in this condition?

I suspect that this response will not be particularly well received and even more so, bearing in mind that some know that I have no interest whatsoever in WH buckles.

As already confirmed, this is a rare and highly desirable buckle by Steinhauer u. Lück of Lüdenscheid, although and without stating the blindingly obvious, it is in a grim and what I personally would consider to be in an uncollectible condition. Scrap metal as far as I am concerned.

Ignoring the loss of the pin, the pin shroud and the claws, the nickle silver buckle is intact and it is remarkable that the brass C catch has survived.

The question that I have asked myself is what is to be lost by commissioning someone with metal working skills to reshape the buckle and give it a light abrasive blasting?

I am not suggesting for one moment a do-it-yourself, restoration or convert to new project in order to deceive and instead, simply providing a little dignity to a currently highly distressed buckle.

For an otherwise rare buckle in this condition, I would suggest that by sympathetically addressing the issues, there is nothing to be lost and yet something tangible to gain.

Regards and best wishes,

David