Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Koppelschlosspistole

Article about: by talltom lol some very good info i thank you ned would this not make this item a bit illegal?? no idea where TD is from but i think very few states allow conceal and carry and england sure

Default Re: Koppelschlosspistole

Quote by talltom View Post
    lol some very good info i thank you ned would this not make this item a bit illegal?? no idea where TD is from but i think very few states allow conceal and carry and england sure as hell don't...
    It's definitely an illegal item in Germany.

Actually, at a local exhibition in my hometown this year, one of the exhibitors was the Bavarian Police with a booth that was focused on weapons laws.

Displayed for illustration (safely under thick glass, naturally) were various items illegal under German law including such things as a cane sword, brass knuckles, self-made improvised firearms, a pistol-gripped sawed-off shotgun and, you guessed it, one of those belt buckle pistols.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Koppelschlosspistole
    P
    Many

hpl i have to admit it germany has the similar laws to england only difference is that you germans allow your police to have guns unlike us where if theres a man with a gun its stop or i will get you.
    just as a quick question is there any info as to if this firearms buckle actually did kill/wound anyone or was it only ever a prototype

just as a quick question is there any info as to if this firearms buckle actually did kill/wound anyone or was it only ever a prototype
    I would say it is safe to assume that the pre-1945 ones were never used against a person, but if anybody ever actually put one of the post-1945 ones to use, be it in a crime or in self defence... Sorry, no idea.

(Of course, even if fired in a legitimate self-defence scenario, the user would still be in trouble with the law just for possession of this weapon.)

thanks hpl it would be an art in itself to try and aim it im sure even pointing your body in the direction theres a huge chance of missing with all four barrels definatly an odd design

thanks hpl it would be an art in itself to try and aim it im sure even pointing your body in the direction theres a huge chance of missing with all four barrels definatly an odd design
    Wrong. Six feet or less, static target face on your gonna get hit big time, the rounds won't even have time to start to tumble. Don't get me wrong, it may not kill the target, but it will at worst wound, incapacitate or distract the fellow and at best kill him, twenty two's kill more people each year than any other round in the U.S.A., a sobering thought.

Also, firearms reg's have changed alot have they not since WWII, this was a weapon designed at the time for the time, it is basically a Derringer type firearm is it not? Today it is illegal, then it was not, but it was not designed for use by any others than the military or government special services, and at the end of the day, was not considered viable even then.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Perhaps a two minute "Google" of the so called Koppelschlosspistole clearly demonstrates that these are abundant post 1945 fantasy items.

I look forward to the comments by the new member whose first posting initiated this thread.

Regards,

David

Whodathunkit ? - And just when you thought you'd seen it all...........!

Definitely a reproduction which started the thread -
    Illegal to boot ! - I'd give it back to the
    '88yr. old man' and say: 'No'....
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast