Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

N.S. Fliegerkorp

Article about: Here are examples of two of the so called N.S. Fliegerkorp buckles. Each displaying a totally different "box", however more interestingly, each with totally different "propell

Default N.S. Fliegerkorp

Here are examples of two of the so called N.S. Fliegerkorp buckles.

Each displaying a totally different "box", however more interestingly, each with totally different "propeller" emblems, together with their method of affixing.

Any comments or other examples would be greatly appreciated.

It is of course a buckle which is heavily and in my opinion, clumsily faked.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement N.S. Fliegerkorp
    P
    Many

Default Re: N.S. Fliegerkorp

David
    thank you for posting these. Can you give some background information on this group and what buckle followed this design? I have never encountered one of these for sale except as you stated the clumsy repros...
    the first buckle which you posted has an itdentifying trait , the center of the U catch has a rasied smooth center. I have an HJ or DJ with this; it sticks out in my mind. I will have to hit the collection tonight and post some pics , maybe we can identify a maker ??!!
    I look forward to hearing more about these seldom seen buckles
    thanks
    Chad

Any idea of the maker of the first buckle David? Looks like a Overhoff buckle at first glance?
    Ben

Chad and Ben

This buckle by design is a decidedly strange one and Ben, I have no idea at all who the maker of the first one was. Personally, I cannot see any connection with Overhoff and I wonder, what correlation do you suggest? I know the buckle appears in at least one period catalogue, although perhaps the buckle and like many others, was predominantly made by the small "cottage industries". The propeller badge being readily bought in and then, attached to any box that was available to include pre used and cannibalised Imperial and early Weimar.

The buckle and by the various reference books, has differing descriptions and probably the most well known is "SA/SS Flieger-Sturm" and actually, this may not be too way off the mark.

I think that I am correct in saying that around 1930, the SA formed a "flying" regiment (or whatever the equivalent was) and there are period photographs of the propeller device being worn on collar patches. A little later perhaps, the SS and who were then still under the control of the SA and who were still wearing their "tradition" uniform, were incorporated.

The SA of course had Marine, Riding, Medical, Motor, Pioneer, Musical, Signals etc., etc, regiments to include a Leibstandarte and so, why not a Flieger SA/SS?

If the propeller device was openly worn on a collar patch, why not compliment that with an in simpatico belt buckle, albeit an unofficial or official uniform part and status?

I do not think that the buckle has a "private club" status or was early DLV or early (non party) NSFK.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the matter?

Regards,

David

Quote by David North View Post
    Chad and Ben

This buckle by design is a decidedly strange one and Ben, I have no idea at all who the maker of the first one was. Personally, I cannot see any connection with Overhoff and I wonder, what correlation do you suggest?

David, to me if you look at the rear of the buckle the box looks to have similar characteristics to that of the early Overhoff SS buckles, just my own observation!
    Ben

Ben

I must admit and without appearing dim, that I cannot see the connection.

What is interesting though is the raised band on the C catch.

I think that both Chad and I have other buckles with a similar characteristic.

Regards,

David

David
    I went through my HJ (nickel and nickel steel) and I found one similar match.. the buckle is by Adolf Buameister..I will check my DJ next week when I return.. let me know what you think
    any and all thoughts welcome
    Chad
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture N.S. Fliegerkorp   N.S. Fliegerkorp  

N.S. Fliegerkorp  

?

Quote by David North View Post
    Chad and Ben

This buckle by design is a decidedly strange one and Ben, I have no idea at all who the maker of the first one was. Personally, I cannot see any connection with Overhoff and I wonder, what correlation do you suggest? I know the buckle appears in at least one period catalogue, although perhaps the buckle and like many others, was predominantly made by the small "cottage industries". The propeller badge being readily bought in and then, attached to any box that was available to include pre used and cannibalised Imperial and early Weimar.

The buckle and by the various reference books, has differing descriptions and probably the most well known is "SA/SS Flieger-Sturm" and actually, this may not be too way off the mark.

I think that I am correct in saying that around 1930, the SA formed a "flying" regiment (or whatever the equivalent was) and there are period photographs of the propeller device being worn on collar patches. A little later perhaps, the SS and who were then still under the control of the SA and who were still wearing their "tradition" uniform, were incorporated.

The SA of course had Marine, Riding, Medical, Motor, Pioneer, Musical, Signals etc., etc, regiments to include a Leibstandarte and so, why not a Flieger SA/SS?

If the propeller device was openly worn on a collar patch, why not compliment that with an in simpatico belt buckle, albeit an unofficial or official uniform part and status?

I do not think that the buckle has a "private club" status or was early DLV or early (non party) NSFK.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the matter?

Regards,

David
    Hello David and everybody,

I believe the tentative explanation you give is the most likely. The collar patch device in the form of a propeller was official for the Fliegerstürme der SA/SS (note the plural; a "Sturm" is the equivalent of an army platoon, and there must have been several) according to Frhr. v. Eelking's "Die Uniformen der Braunhemden", originally published in 1934. This author goes on to say that in September 1933, the Fliegerstürme were absorbed into the "Deutsche Luftsportverband".

No mention of the buckle in any period sources as far as I can see, so (but this is just my gut feeling) probably not officially sanctioned.

Best regards,
    Karl

?

I have also one of these in my collection and to be honest, I felt never overly comfortable with it.

It is so easy to put one of these collar patch devices onto a buckle and is there at all a single Fliegersturm buckle wich is undoubtly accepted to be an original?

Sorry for my pessimistic opinion, but I think there are still many unknown quantities in this computation.

Regards,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture N.S. Fliegerkorp   N.S. Fliegerkorp  

Chad

Many thanks for posting images of your AB HJ buckle and I must admit, the raised band on the C catch does appear to be jolly similar to that displayed on one of the buckles that I originally showed. I too think that I have an SA buckle with this feature to the C catch and if you allow myself a little time, then I will endeavour to dig it out.

Kurt

Your reassuring comments are most welcome and I tend to agree that the buckle perhaps has a non official status. Having said that, why does the same buckle appear as item 21789 in the Assmann catalogue. Would Assmann regard it as commercially viable or sensible to produce a buckle with this status?

Guido

How right you are. What I would say though is that it is slightly unusual for a fake to display two solder points, in addition to silver solder traces behind the propeller blades (as yours).

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast