Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sturm-Truppe buckle ?

Article about: This buckle may be of interest to some and I would certainly welcome any comments, remarks or suggestions - good or bad. Certain uniform and badge details of the famous Austro-Hungarian &quo

Default Sturm-Truppe buckle ?

This buckle may be of interest to some and I would certainly welcome any comments, remarks or suggestions - good or bad.

Certain uniform and badge details of the famous Austro-Hungarian "Assault Troops" who were active during the Great War are well documented and here is a link:-

Austro-Hungarian Army - Austro-Hungarian Assault Troop's Badges

The buckle certainly has a roundel design which seems to have been inspired by these chaps and also, the brass box has a "dimple" back to suggest a particular time frame.

I personally think that the buckle dates from the 1920's, was made in Germany and has a "right wing" Veterans or Freikorp link. The makers or distributors mark is something that I do not particularly like, however the buckle by all other aspects, does have a period feel to it.

Having said that, it could however quite easily be one of the infamous fantasy buckles dating from the 1960's.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sturm-Truppe buckle ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sturm-Truppe buckle ?

?

Let's wait for our buckles experts!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi David, nice buckle, not my field but interesting none the less. The design of it looks ok and I would say it is original but I dont have a clue as to the makers mark, whether that has been added I do not know, I will look through by database and see what I can find. It would be interesting if it was another maker that I had not seen
    Ben

Hi David....wow...certainly looks like a legitimate construction...it's the first time I see such a roundel though. I have to say that I like it! Looks very cool! I have no idea who the maker could be though. Congrats on such a cool find!
    Cheers!
    Rob