Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?

Article about: David, thanks for the flowers - I think these swastika buckles were made for all the right wing groups in the Weimar period. For example, the Deutschvölkische Freiheitspartei ( German Völkis

Default Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?

Here are a pair of potentially interesting buckles and which to my knowledge, have to date not been firmly identified.

The buckle appears within the Assmann catalogue and the suggestions so far have varied from early "Kampfzeit" NSDAP to Austrian NS sympathisers and Freikorp Sudetenland.

My own feeling is that it is a "multi and non specific use", early NSDAP buckle.

Any ideas ?

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unidentified "large swastika" buckle ?

Complete Fakes David!!!
    Send them to me & I will gladly dispose of them for you

I like these, is it possible they were prototype buckles that the company representatives used to show quality/finishes of buckles prior to mass production!?
    Are there many around!?

Dan

VladRus
    ?

My opinion is buckle to "sympathise", I doubt about an accessory to what or the organisations.

Dan and Vlad

I wish that I could add a little more sensible information about this strange buckle, however like us all - I am stumped !

Perhaps the buckle was made at an "early period" (what is early period for goodness sake), by Assmann and Overhoff (for O & C, an Assmann roundel with an Overhoff box) as again, an early supporters buckle without any clear or definitive organisation in mind.

What interests me however is the feature of "upright" swastika buckles and especially, those relating to the SA. I really think at some period, somebody dictated that this style (upright swastika) was the sole prerogative of the SS and all others were strictly prohibited.

This perhaps explains why one of the buckles that I have shown displays a mobile swastika, even though the roundel was designed to display, as an upright swastika.

Regards,

David

VladRus
    ?

Quote by David North View Post
    Dan and Vlad

What interests me however is the feature of "upright" swastika buckles and especially, those relating to the SA. I really think at some period, somebody dictated that this style (upright swastika) was the sole prerogative of the SS and all others were strictly prohibited.

This perhaps explains why one of the buckles that I have shown displays a mobile swastika, even though the roundel was designed to display, as an upright swastika.

Regards,

David
    David,
    I think a vertical swastika simply next version. Organisation SS could select for itself more beautiful design. Here design very simple. Probably there is a documentary acknowledgement of your version???

Vlad

The point that I was trying to make is that strangely, we see so few "early period" buckles which display an upright swastika as a main feature. Mobile and sun wheel swastikas - yes, however not the upright swastika! There are literally hundreds of different style SA buckles and yet only a handful have an upright swastika. Why? Again, I have no idea towards whom this buckle was designed for or aimed for, although it does appear in a period Assmann catalogue.

Regards,

David

David,
    Where has that suggestion regarding to Freikorp Sudetenland come from ? Why Sudetenland ?

Alex.

Alex

At least two or three of the so called "definitive reference" publications on belts and buckles !

Regards,

David

David,
    you lucky guy ! These are so hard to find ...and nice items too - thanks for showing.
    Thomas

Come on Thomas, let us have your thoughts as to what you think that these buckles are ! I know that you are extremely knowledgeable with regard to the NS "early" buckles.

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast