Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Unkown Koppelschloss

Article about: Hello Everyone, Came across this brass buckle the other day. Do members have any thoughts about what it is, or perhaps its a fantasy piece. Regards

?

Default Unkown Koppelschloss

Hello Everyone,
    Came across this brass buckle the other day. Do members have any thoughts about what it is, or perhaps its a fantasy piece.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unkown Koppelschloss   Unkown Koppelschloss  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unkown Koppelschloss
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unkown Koppelschloss

Alec, not my area of collecting but I have seen similar buckles around, I believe they might be religious types of buckles, David may know more on these or Rob Lachance might, he collects buckles like this too. All I can say from how the buckle is made it could be period, other than that wait for others to chime in
    Ben

Hello Alec

The heady combination of Helmut Weitze and Marc Verstraete !

Unidentified and possibly "Factory Protection" related, although having said that, I have and for several reasons serious doubts that this is actually a pre 1945 buckle.

Regards,

David

?

Hi Ben, David,
    Thanks for the posts. I had high hopes, someone might write "definate Freikorp buckle", then I would swoop in on it and make a killing, alas it was not to be.
    Best Wishes
    Alec

No idea what it is, but allow me to remark that the top image is upside down.

I don't know much about these.....I always thought a religious org. - but as David North - a lot of details regarding construction tend to lend the buckle as being post-45 made!
    Not Freikorps unfortunately!

Cheers!

Rob

Nice discussion. Here is mine ,right side up. Did yours come from Marc? Looks like his tag attached to youyr buckle. Anyway, Post or pre war? With thye exception of the footed catch the construction looks pre war. It is most like ly a religious buckle but with overtone of the HJ if you look at the rune on the right attched to the cross. It is also pictured in Angolia's 2nd edition under unknown buckles. I like the buckle personnaly but who knows. If you can get it for under $60.00 I would buy it.

Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unkown Koppelschloss   Unkown Koppelschloss  

Unkown Koppelschloss  

?

Hello Bill,
    This one is on offer at Helmut Weitze's military site. You write in Angolia's book its classified as unknown, does it make any reference to which era the author may think it comes from, post or prewar ? You may well be right, the buckle symbolic does rather imply cross / church + rune = church and party link or association, I suspect we may never find out.
    Regards
    Alec