Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winter Painted Heer Buckle

Article about: I’ve never seen an item like this camouflage painted so I’d love to hear everyone’s opinion. It’s a little over the price for a army buckle but not much and the seller is relatively

Default Winter Painted Heer Buckle

I’ve never seen an item like this camouflage painted so I’d love to hear everyone’s opinion. It’s a little over the price for a army buckle but not much and the seller is relatively reliable. I’m a fan of snow camouflage so I’d be happy to pick this up but I’d want to at least make sure it was possible before dropping any money on it.

Thank you for any help

I apologize for the pictures it’s all they had
    Winter Painted Heer BuckleWinter Painted Heer BuckleWinter Painted Heer Buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winter Painted Heer Buckle
    P
    Many

New for me, but I have heard of their existance.
    Regards.
    Santi

Ive recently seen a couple of winter camouflage painted Buckles for sale over on the estand, but not as well covered as this. It looks nice and definitely not so common to come by

I would view it as a regular Heer buckle, unless it has rock solid provenance.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Well it’s just sold but I’m still interested in what’s to be said on it. Thanks everyone for the insight on it.

Original buckle but as for the paint who knows, without providence could have been put on last week
    Ben

?

Alu buckles from Gorodische (Stalingrad) from my collection - winter camo on the left:

Cheers,
    Fabe

?

A dealer friend had a winter camo at the SOS a few years ago. The white paint looked old and I could have bought it for around $100. I passed on it and Greg Gottlieb bought it and put it in his auction. I was surprised it sold for $510 but it showed at the next auction and sold for a lot less. It wouldn’t pay a large premium for a field painted item unless I was very sure it was period.

While some period photos seem to show "lighter" looking buckles, You would have to do the belt and other items as well or it would be pretty pointless IMO

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Don't forget; they painted the buckle not just to "blend in", also because they reflected light - a big "nono" @ the eastern front, where snipers where everywhere. Even the metal razorblades, etc. - see this one (also from my collection) from Stalingrad:

Or the bayonets (from my collection):

Some more via internet:
    Winter Painted Heer BuckleWinter Painted Heer Buckle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast