Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 German Luftwaffe EM Buckle & Belt B&N-41 UNIT MARKED

Article about: My thoughts today have been focused on the Normandy Invasion and I have been fortunate to find time to review some of my favorite collection pieces, one of which being this Luftwaffe EM Belt

Default WW2 German Luftwaffe EM Buckle & Belt B&N-41 UNIT MARKED

My thoughts today have been focused on the Normandy Invasion and I have been fortunate to find time to review some of my favorite collection pieces, one of which being this Luftwaffe EM Belt. The belt and buckle are both in good condition but do show signs of age and storage, though they still display nicely as a pair. The buckle is clearly dated 1941 and the belt slightly earlier, with a maker's mark indicating production in 1937. There are many markings on the pair also, some of which are easily decoded while others or not. The Luftwaffe "LBA" stamp is present and there appears to be a possible unit marking nearby; "FLG. 3 KOMP." Stamped on the interior side of the belt is what appears to be the abbreviation "L. P. Gab." The number "95" and a very faint "8" can also be observed on the portion of the belt that the buckle secures it's hooks to.

I would greatly appreciate any and all assistance in interpreting these stamps further and look forward to learning more about this piece's past service!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Luftwaffe EM Buckle & Belt B&N-41 UNIT MARKED   WW2 German Luftwaffe EM Buckle & Belt B&N-41 UNIT MARKED  

WW2 German Luftwaffe EM Buckle & Belt B&N-41 UNIT MARKED   WW2 German Luftwaffe EM Buckle & Belt B&N-41 UNIT MARKED  

WW2 German Luftwaffe EM Buckle & Belt B&N-41 UNIT MARKED   WW2 German Luftwaffe EM Buckle & Belt B&N-41 UNIT MARKED  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Luftwaffe EM Buckle & Belt B&N-41 UNIT MARKED
    P
    Many

Not sure about the markings but a lovely buckle and belt
    Ben

L.B.A. = Luftwaffe Beschaffung Amt
    FLG. 3. Komp = Flieger 3.Kompanie
    95 is belt length

Thank you Steiner, appreciate the information very much. Any idea of what the abbreviation "L. P. Gab" might mean?

Could "Flieger 3.Kompanie" be any indication of service with a Fallschirmjäger unit?

3rd Company can be from any larger unit. It's more likely to be a pilot.

L.P.Cabl. i don't know

LBA is the clothing department... 'B' being Bekleidungs I think.

The L.P. could mean a very early belt that was used by the Landespolizei perhaps ?? (Gab for Gablonz)

Bob

Where they always together as the buckle is 1941 and belt 4 years older.
    Normally the buckle should be alu.
    Just my thoughts
    Take care
    Rudi

?

Hello,
    Quote by Steiner77 View Post
    L.B.A. = Luftwaffe Beschaffung Amt
    FLG. 3. Komp = Flieger 3.Kompanie
    95 is belt length
    LBA ( ?) =Luft Waffen Beschaffungs/Bekleidung Amt (?) = Ort(Place/City)

FLG. =Flieger/Fuhrpark Lehr Geschwader, 3.Kompanie..
    The belt is stamped 1937 with L. P., as well as the LBA stamp... Troop stamps were only marked from 1934-37, so a police stamp on a Luftwaffenbelt is for my, hard to imagine...
    L.p. imo = Luft/Lehr Park (air park etc.)

Best regards,
    The kabl

Bob - keen eye and excellent observations, thank you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast