Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2 Postcards that I would appreciate more information on please

Article about: I have recently acquired 2 postcards that I would appreciate if somebody could throw more light on. The first is a portrait of Hitler in sepia with a signature in blue at the bottom. I think

Default 2 Postcards that I would appreciate more information on please

2 Postcards that I would appreciate more information on please2 Postcards that I would appreciate more information on please2 Postcards that I would appreciate more information on please2 Postcards that I would appreciate more information on please2 Postcards that I would appreciate more information on please2 Postcards that I would appreciate more information on please2 Postcards that I would appreciate more information on please2 Postcards that I would appreciate more information on please

I have recently acquired 2 postcards that I would appreciate if somebody could throw more light on.

The first is a portrait of Hitler in sepia with a signature in blue at the bottom. I think the signature is part of the print but am unsure as to why the portrait is in sepia and the signature in blue...maybe it was a stamp or possibly (however unlikely) an original in ink. There is writing on the back and I have attached a picture of this as well, if any of you could translate what it says I would be grateful. The frame around the postcard is how it arrived and as far as I can tell dates back to the 1940's.

The second postcard is from the Munich Agreement in Dresden and is stamped Hitler and Chamberlain on the back. along with the date 1938. It hasn't been written on but does have a postage stamp depicting Hitler attached...presumably these postcards came pre-stamped and were a porpaganda or tourist item but again any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks people, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards - Andrew

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 Postcards that I would appreciate more information on please
    P
    Many

Well, it makes little sense in connection with a postcard of Hitler, but it states "In memory of our wedding-day 28 March 1945 from your brothers Max and ??"......
    regards, Glenn

Something else which is odd... I have found the exact same picture shown as sold on an American autograph website. There is no date or sold price available but apparently, they only sell genuine autographs along with a certificate of authenticity and offer a full refund if any are found to be fake. Here is the link Autograph - 527902 - Adolf Hitler signed photograph

I have closely compared the two and they are definitely the same, right down to faded areas in the signature and its position on the postcard relative to AH's lapels etc.

I have e-mailed the owner of the site to ask for more information and will post it here when I get some.

- - ------- - -

Thanks you Glenn, that is much appreicated. The mystery deepens...

?

Quote by Volksdeutsch View Post
    Well, it makes little sense in connection with a postcard of Hitler, but it states "In memory of our wedding-day 28 March 1945 from your brothers Max and ??"......
    regards, Glenn
    ... and Heidi.

MAP
    ?

Some things fishy. Same photo/signature placement on the photo. The one you posted is less sharp. Maybe a scan?

Frame certainly doesn't look 75+ years old either.

That said, something to stay away from.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I see no issue with the Bad Godesberg 1938 postcard, these are not rare and easy to find. The Hitler autograph is suspect.

Quote by McSeam View Post
    ... and Heidi.
    Looks more like Gerdi to me