Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Article about: Well, I know there are other threads that have been started in the past about the originality of Wartime Photos. However, I frequently receieve PM's asking for advice or assitance about how

Quote by spring View Post
    hello blackcat.
    Thank you very much for your opinion. And I thank you for your advice. But the scan lines of modern images are vertical or horizontal. If you have an example to show me, I would be delighted. Thanks again
    You should not expect to see lines on an original picture. It is interesting to look at the close up picture of the FJ in post #274 above. The lines you see in this photograph are not from a flatbed scanner but I do suspect that this picture has been produced from a still frame of a movie as real photographs are made up of tiny dots.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs
    P
    Many

Quote by spring View Post
    hello. I have a small question, which will help me to continue my guide. Do the stamps on the photo papers attest to the authenticity of a photo? Or are studio stamps reproduced just as easily by fraudsters? Is the reproduction of studio stamps less important than those of AGFA-style manufacturers? Thanks for those who will answer my questions. (the little Frenchman).
    You will need to look through the thread to become familiar with those producers of photographic paper who printed the rear of their paper, Agfa for example marked their paper and their modern paper still did although the logo changed slightly.

Press pictures have printed details on the back, examples can be found on this forum. There are fellow enthusiasts here should you wish to post photos for scrutiny before you buy who are glad to help you.

?

hello blackcat.
    thanks for your advice. But I think that the translation, which my translator does, meant that you didn't understand my last question AH AH AH. because yes I know what it is about the markings... and what goes with it.
    I just wanted to know, if the studio markings (see picture below). I just wanted to know if the studio markings (see image below) allow us to certify if a photo is real or not. And to know if the reproduction of the studio markings are very regular, or rare.
    Thank you to those who can answer my question .

Photographers stamps can be faked, everything can be. Here is one of mine, the quality of the image and the feel of the paper assure me that it is original.

?

helle, folks. I have one more question X) ah ah ah.
    on the very first posts of this thread. we talk about markings that are stamped wrong. But I found on another site that there were markings that were put on crooked at the time. can you confirm this information. Is it true that the manufacturer's stamps were systematically placed at the same angle. Thank you to those who can answer me. Here is this photo which is presented on the site.
    For me black cat your picture looks OK.

?

Default urgent help (borders, photos) !!!

Hello, I have a question for you. So, does the shape of the border of the photos have a meaning. For example the photos of agfa lupex are different from Leonar. I would like to know if there is a difference between the two. Thank you in advance for your answer, I really need your answer.

?

The deckled edge border that many of the photos have does not really have a deep meaning because it is a randomized pattern. It is mostly a decorative element to show photography as a fine art like painting due to the idea of pictorialism. This rough edge was always present without extra post processing before machine-made paper was possible. Photo paper in the 20th century with this kind of artificially created border had a certain status symbol as it was seen as higher quality and more expensive to have your photos developed on even if it was not true.

The photo paper companies would cut the border with shears, trimmer, or a die. There is a difference in the border pattern of papers from say Leonar and Agfa-Lupex because they would not have had the same die or cut pattern. You would have to have definitive original examples from these different brands so you could see what it would look like. Fakes that are made today are cut with shears that have deckle patterns that are not correct or have been copied from the originals in order to pass them off as originals.

?

hello, thank you for your help. But I have a lot of photos that are original but have the same border, like for example I have photos of aga luxe that have gevaert or leonar borders. If anyone has any examples of these dies, to show us, it would be really great.

?

Hello to all..I need yours help. I took this nice Prinz Eugen pic few weeks ago. Probably it is a reprint but I'm not sure if it is an old reprint or..a moder fake. The paper is tiny, UV negative and, like you see, it is not sharp. What do you think about? Thanks in advace.

?

rear

- - ------- - -

other view

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast