Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Article about: Well, I know there are other threads that have been started in the past about the originality of Wartime Photos. However, I frequently receieve PM's asking for advice or assitance about how

Quote by Prinz View Post
    Hello to all..I need yours help. I took this nice Prinz Eugen pic few weeks ago. Probably it is a reprint but I'm not sure if it is an old reprint or..a moder fake. The paper is tiny, UV negative and, like you see, it is not sharp. What do you think about? Thanks in advace.
    Attachment 1579402
    From the quality of the pictures posted and the overall slightly brown tone to the picture I would say this is a modern computer printed copy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs
    P
    Many

?

I would have wished better news but probably you are right...

Quote by Prinz View Post
    I would have wished better news but probably you are right...
    Its only my opinion and based upon what I see. If you were able to provide a close up of part of the picture it might confirm that it has been printed by an inkjet printer on modern photo paper - but as I have already observed this is supposed to be a 75 year old monochrome photograph, the tones are not white through grey to black but they are tinged in a brown/bronze colour which is characteristic of modern computer printing.

?

The best that I can...but I think that it confirm your previous opinion

?

the kind of paper..

?

..and the last one (I solemnly promise) for a comparison with an original pic.

?

yeah hi, is it possible to have repeated border shapes on period photos. this is only valid for post-war graphic photos. As I am quite often used to see with Russian reproductions?

?

I have a few more questions for you. Many modern reproductions can be authenticated with a magnifying glass. If there are print lines the photo is not good. But are there modern reprints that have the characteristic of not having print lines but that reproduce the grain of the image of the photo. And let's say the paper is UV negative. How do you know if the photo is good or bad. I have heard that the fact of seeing the grains with the naked eye. at least the grains were visible very clearly with the naked eye was not a good sign. I would like to have more explanation and clarification on this subject. Thanks in advance.

?

Hi, I have a little doubt about this photograph. Maybe I'm just hallucinating. ah ah ah. Because I don't have much to say about this one. But I doubt XD.

Not sure why you have a problem with this picture, it looks OK to me. Just removed from an album sadly.

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast