Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Article about: Well, I know there are other threads that have been started in the past about the originality of Wartime Photos. However, I frequently receieve PM's asking for advice or assitance about how

?

So famous but still selling so well it's crazy !!
    Last edited by Willmore; 02-22-2023 at 02:30 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs
    P
    Many

Assistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake PhotographsAssistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs[ATTACH=CONFIG]1637472[/ATTACH No. 47671 7 x photo 2, WK German Wehrmacht in Holland + France 1941 + 1942 | eBay Do these look good? And maybe we could update the good/bad seller list Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  
    Last edited by Ryan heath; 02-22-2023 at 05:19 PM. Reason: typo

Once you have them in hand post scans or the pictures as attachments so we can examine. Posting eBay links is not always the best idea as these disappear over time and the forum works better if the evidence is complete. Happy collecting!

Quote by Ryan heath View Post
    No. 47671 7 x photo 2, WK German Wehrmacht in Holland + France 1941 + 1942 | eBay Do these look good? And maybe we could update the good/bad seller list Thanks!

Please save the image(s), and upload them correctly to your post.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Unfortunately not in order

Hi Ryan.

Thank you for uploading the photos to the thread.

The photos themselves look ok to me. From research the Ridax stamped photos were printed in Belgium (Gevaert Ridax, also seen just as ridax. Belgian produced).

Kind regards,

Will.

How to tell if photograph are genuine - based on the paper - Axis History Forum

?

Hello Ryan,

I also did not see anything to arouse suspicion from these photos on the surface level. Not sure of the relationship between any of the photos. One medical photo, two Luftwaffe, a Ju-52, three of SS panzermen, and an additional SS photo.
    If you are serious about collecting more German photos, this extensive thread is a place to cut your teeth on through study. A magnifying lens, a UV light, possibly a scanner, and more advanced, a microscope are some important tools for inspecting photographs. You are also welcome to post future examples in question.

I have also been meaning to post an updated list of eBay sellers through the link below.
    Ebay sellers to avoid and Ebay sellers recommended lists!

Ben
    Last edited by Witt; 02-23-2023 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Addition of link

Thanks still feel kind of sketchy because two separate photos have D1976 stamped on the back.

Quote by Ryan heath View Post
    Thanks still feel kind of sketchy because two separate photos have D1976 stamped on the back.
    The D1976 identifies these two pictures as probably being from the same film/developed and printed at the same time. Sadly they won't identify where the pictures wer e taken or processed.

Ah ok sorry for the questions! I have a whole album of German/American photos Just thought it was odd because one is of the plane and the other a ss soldier but both are on ridax paper so might be a good sign also thanks for everything everyone.

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast